Huggins

VTIME

How can SLU land a guy like this? In his first year back coaching he takes a dormant program like K-State to the tourney and gets a commitment from the top ranked player in the nation. Brad's cool and I'm not calling for his head, but how do you lure a guy like this to your university?

I have absolutely no respect for a guy with his ethics I dont care if he would take us to 20 straight final 4s. I would never support him or a coach like him as our coach

Posted Image

Posted Image

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy

v, get serious. father biondi wouldnt go within 1000 miles of anyone the ilk of huggins. if 1/20th of the street stories of huggins are true, that is more than enough to never get him a slu job.

personally i am in total agreement with father biondi on that. if my choice was a national title and annual elite eights but i have the likes of huggins as my coach or forever a 500 team, give me 500.

the difference is that if huggins was the coach, heyfeldt would still be on the team and playing in games. gonzaga makes the needed move.

that is like folks that throw weldergate at us for st bonnie being in the conference. what did st bonnie do? they fired the coach, kicked the kid out of school and even the president is no longer around st bonnie.

stuff happens. the key is how does the school react. if they do the right thing, hard to hold anyone down. but if they fight it (think clemons or $nyder or think about tark the shark in his day) well that is where i have a problem with a program.

He went to the Elite 8 in 2005. How can they fire him. That team he did that with had 2 freshman starting (Rondo,Morris, plus a JUCO transfer in Sparks, and upperclassmen Azubuike and Hayes. He's a great coach, 2 years removed from an elite 8 appearance. If they fire him they are just wrong. He should get more of a leash than that. Seriously.

I am not advocating they should, but UK fans expect elite 8 and final 4s year in and year out. Florida is now the class of the SEC and I am sure that doesn't sit well with the UK alums.

Tubby is a classy guy and I hope they don't axe him, but it sure wouldn't surprise me especially if they lose in the first round.

>v, get serious. father biondi wouldnt go within 1000 miles

>of anyone the ilk of huggins. if 1/20th of the street

>stories of huggins are true, that is more than enough to

>never get him a slu job.

>

>personally i am in total agreement with father biondi on

>that. if my choice was a national title and annual elite

>eights but i have the likes of huggins as my coach or

>forever a 500 team, give me 500.

True, but not for the reasons you list. Biondi will never allow someone with a stronger personality than his to be around for too long.

Elite 8's and Sweet 16's aren't good enough at UK. If Tubby wins one more game even two of those three elite 8's to go along with a National Title...perhaps his perception would be different in unrealistic UK land.

People there are over-estimating who else they can get.

Tubby has done well.

who has biondi ever hired at any position in the athletic dept with the ethical concerns that huggins carries?

i agree with your stronger personality thought, but the ethical concern is there as well. i can recall both soderberg and romar saying it was a strong point made to them when they were hired.