Tommie Injury

bluecrewprez

I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but I heard Tommie was on crutches today and we found out that at some point near the end of the 2nd half he apparently came down on his foot wrong or something like that and he ripped off the nail on his big toe. He should be good to go for Saturday, but just wanted to give an update if someone hadn't already.

This team seems to suffer some rather unusual injuries. Normally you hear of athletes spraining/twisting ankles, pulling muscles/tendons, or breaking bones. Thankfully, we haven't seen much of that. Instead, we get ripped finger webbing and toe nails getting ripped off. They sound rather painful, but they can be recovered from much more easily.

D1 hoops - the greatest show on earth.

Having played pickup for the last 35 years, I've lost virtually every toenail, the big toes several times. It hurts like hell at the time of the initial injury, but the physical activity gets the endorphins moving and you won't feel it the next time you play. However, you CAN feel it just sitting around. IMHO it won't affect his game after warming up.