Glad I stayed home tonight

SLUDrew

Like your suprised he(sludrew) would say something like that hes never positive about the bills

Posted Image

Posted Image

"I was on fire, I was hotter than a pistol" Jason McElwaine

If theres no SLU basketball in heaven I'm not going!!!!!!

Official Billikens.com Sponsor of Chris Sloan and Billiken Volleyball

and Official Billiken.com Online Video Guy

The 14 - 2 run the Billikens had to end and win the game was about as exciting as it gets and, for once, the crowd really seemed in to it tonight at the end. You actually missed a really fun comeback.

I am been with this team through thick and thin for years!!!!! I had to miss the game last night because my son wasn't feeling well so I wanted to stay home and help my wife.

Losers like you are why SLU is stuck in mediocrity. You accept whatever they throw out on the floor and never expect more.

Top 25 scores from last night

Texas A&M 56, Oklahoma 49

Pitt 65, Washington 61

Georgetown 58, Villanova 55

Louisville 61, Marquette 59

Michigan 58, Indiana 55

Meanwhile, in St. Louis, in front of more than 10,000 fans, the home team shot 43% from the field and 36% from three-point range and had just 7 turnovers. Oh,yeah -- they won, too. That's "ugly"?

basketball on our local radio is exciting because you can't get coverage on every block so never no what will happen; actually the play of IV and BH was exciting although clumsy at times; kind of like watching a featherweight title match after heavy weight pre-lims; if you are looking for finesse watch the NBA and give up the rivaries of college basketball where everyone expects to win at home

Against one of the worst teams in the A-10. And at home. A win is a win however, and I agree it was exciting down the stretch but a rather dull game other than that. 23-23 at halftime. Not much excitement in the first half at all.

Now those top 25 scores you posted? Every single game was intense and I hope you are not comparing SLU-LaSalle to any of those. Did you see the UL-Marquette highlights? 3 pointer at the buzzer. UL is making a strong showing for the NCAA and with that win against Marquette they are definitely in. Looks like Romar and his squad will have to opt for the NIT.

People on this board continually make absurd, off the wall comments, like comparing SLU to Duke and this SLU/Lasalle game to one of the Top 25...just get used to it. Most of the uber positive people on here are delusional in my humble opinion and are so out of touch with reality its scary...

I was actually surprised and impressed that the billikens drew as many fans as they did on saturday night. I suppose everyone wants a little mardi gras flavor.

As for the game, I didn't get to see it but from all accounts, it sounded just miserable until the final 6 minutes. But not uncommon. Typical SLU games are boring and not very fun to watch, with the exception of a handful of games.

Glad we won, but seriously kool-aid drinkers, this was lasalle.

...there was a good crowd because the casual fan sees a team with a winning season and likes to support the home team. Not everyone (me included) reads BM and his anti-SLU rants. I have people tell me that the Billikens are doing well this year just based on their record.

I just don't get why a person who is a Billiken fan that doesn't bash the coach/administration, that enjoys going to the games, that is proud of the program and the school, is automatically considered "delusional". Sure, I would like to see us in the tournament every year and, yes, I think we could have done better this year, but I am not going to be a miserable sod attacking everyone who is positive.

I don't care if we beat Duke at Duke or Missouri College for the Blind at home in a snowstorm, I enjoy the games and support the team. Life is WAY too short to spend all your energy building the case every day for why we should be miserable.

If you are that upset with a college basketball game that is suppose to be for fun and enjoyment I suggest one or a combination of the following: 1) write a letter to the AD expressing your frustration; 2) give up college basketball; 3) seek professional help to deal with an obsession that apparently is making you miserable.

"A strong man stands up for himself; a stronger man stands up for others." - Ben

...to see things?

"Life is WAY too short to spend all your energy building the case every day for why we should be miserable."

Life is way too short for you to do that, but apparently not others. I don't know if either is right or wrong.

Some can sit back and appreciate SLU basketball for what it is and have no complaints. Others aren't so happy about what SLU basketball currently is and desire change. Why is either more correct than the other?

I probably fall right in between those groups as most fans do.

I never said any "way" was the right way, but life definitely IS too short to focus on being miserable which some of these individuals appear to do. I am sure you are not suggesting that focusing on all the negatives is a good way to live, or you?

(Let me ask you, should I not be sharing my opinion? Based on you subject line, you certainly appear to be questioning my right to share my opinion.)

My point, that Canada totally missed (surprise), is that being a postive minded fan does not make one delusional. That reference, or some form of it, is made over and over and over again on this board.

Believe me, I have complaints, but I share them with the appropriate people and move on. What I don't do is call those that have different views on such trivial matters, "delusional". I do think that some of these people really ought to reflect on the fact that it is only a game. As a human being, I really do worry that a lot of people get consumed by the negativity in sports and it leads to bad outcomes (did you see the recent news report on the little wrestler who was thrown across the mat by an angry father?).

"A strong man stands up for himself; a stronger man stands up for others." - Ben

"I never said any "way" was the right way"

Sure you do when you say "life definitely IS too short..." you are saying that in your opinion one shouldn't spend his/her life being miserable all the time. I digress. For the most part, i don't really care how people live their lives. I don't know if focusing on all the negatives is a good way to live or not, but i'm not going to categorically say that it isn't. Sorry, really digressing here.

My subject line asks why you think your opinion is the right opinion, it's not questioning your right to share such opinion.

Perhaps most germane, i agree with you that being positive minded does not make you delusional. :)

"I really do worry that a lot of people get consumed by the negativity in sports and it leads to bad outcomes (did you see the recent news report on the little wrestler who was thrown across the mat by an angry father?"

I don't know if people are any more consumed with negativity in sports than they have been in years past. Angry fathers in wrestling is nothing new, but that doesn't make throwing the other kid right, it makes it disgusting. But that has been going on for a while. I wrestled in Oklahoma growing up...you wanna talk about some angry rednecks!

Sorry for the digression.

I said the uber-positive fans are delusional. Not positive fans, overally positive fans (Billikan, Skip, etc) in the face of blatent opposing facts and reality. These types of fans see no wrong, they think our recruiting is doing just wonderfully, and the season has been a success so far. If you judge success by everyone having a good time, maybe you should be a fan of 5th grade basketball, not D-1.

Those fans that can't see there is some room for serious improvement are the delusional ones and thats who I was refering too. If we didn't have positive and negative voices on this board, it sure as hell would be boring.

Before you start calling me out, maybe you should read my posts.

Some of YOUR quotes from the post you say I didn't read:

"People on this board continually make absurd, off the wall comments"

"Most of the uber positive people on here are delusional"

"(they) are so out of touch with reality its scary..."

"As for the game...it sounded just miserable until the final 6 minutes. But not uncommon." (emphasis added)

"Typical SLU games are boring and not very fun to watch"

I guess there are uber positive and uber negative "fans".