About Suggs

brianstl

I think a lot of people are really under estimating the Bills chances with this kid. I believe that there are really only four schools that have a legitimate shot at this kid. They are UW, Mizzou, Illinois, and SLU. I don't believe that any other schools right now have a legitimate chance. I think Brad has the inside track right now and I will leave it at that.

What makes either of you think that? Have you talked to the kid? His relatives? Friends? Delivery guy? I'm not trying to downplay it, because it'd be great, but I think given SLU's recent history with the area's superstars, we all would like a little more than just a "gut feeling".

Agree that I would like more than a gut feeling as well. However, viewing from afar, I've seen more pub about the Billikens and Suggs than I have about any other recruit. In fact, I'd say we have a better chance of landing him over any of our other prospects based on newspaper, tv, and "sightings". Not that it means much...

no disrespect guys, but other than frank c telling us that mom said that, why should we believe your endorsement of such? i want to believe that, but unless you have inside information of sorts i guess i am assuming you are just parroting what frank c said that mom suggs said. am i right?

the reason i dont trust such is last spring i had numerous people that told me on spring signing date eve that stemler was a done deal and it wasnt. a number of posters here looked foolish over that.

Nothing. That's why when two guys are saying "don't underestimate SLU's chances" and "I think he's coming to SLU", many of us would like to know why you believe that. It's great if you have some inside info and can share it, but unfortunately most don't and we as SLU fans just have to hope.

That's also why when PDiddy comes out with "the streets", everyone of us just jumps up in our chairs.

You seriously have this "gut" feeling based on the fact that UB will get to talk to him and his parents more? I really like UB as a person, but no amount of face time will take away the stature of the other schools. If this was between SLU and programs more similar to SLU than UW or Illinois (here i'm thinking SIU-C or Mo. State), then sure, the face time helps.

Edit: Originally i talked about Flordia, but i think i got Suggs mixed up with another recruit.

i'm not disageeing. it was just the tone of the posts seemed to indicate there was more to why the belief was there.

There's a big difference between "no chance of landing him" and having a gut feeling that we will land the kid. You have a gut feeling that we will land him because UB gets more face time, i said, it's going to take more than that.

Where did i say we have no chance? Where did i say he is wasting his time?

Last years recruiting class coupled with no signees in the fall have left Brad with a short leash...check that...no leash on this site. I can certainly understan that (not that I feel that way). I gave up on trying to debate this a few months back.

Until we sign a full class with some #1 choices, most everybody is gonna suffer from V-Time syndrome. If a STL player chooses to go anywhere else, it's gonna be Brad's fault.

>You are right. We have no chance of landing him. So when

>Brad goes after the "under the radar" type players everyone

>is up in arms and when he goes after the big boys everyone

>is saying he is wasting his time, what gives?

I certainly don't think we should pass on the big boys, because we have to land some of these guys if we're going to take the next step. However, we cannot keep passing on the second tier. Roy's strategy below was that you need to offer players x and y. If x takes his dandy time, but y is willing to commit, then y is what you get. All too often it seems we're offering x only and he commits somewhere else. Then y goes to SIU or MO State because we're too late.

There is a way to go after both and ensure that you're not the only one left without a chair when the music stops.

Ok maybe its not a gut feeling. Saying he wanted to stay close to his family in st.louis and already having relationship with Brad leads me to believe we have a better than average shot at landing him. You didnt say those things in particular its just the overall tone i get from the board which is warranted considering recent recruiting woes.

Bottom line is Brad either saves his job or loses his job based on the next 2 recruiting classes(spring and fall). Hopefully we get some big recruits and some 2nd tier guys(diamonds in the rough) to go along with them. Its just up to Brad to get it done. Geez im done with this thread. haha.

I have more than a "gut" feeling that says Suggs choices are down to SLU, Washington, Illini and Mizzou. I won't reveal my source, but I know someone very close to him and this is the way he is leaning right now. I feel very confident in stating that.

sshoe if x and y are reasonably close on all counts, i agree it is foolish not to offer both. but if one or the other has definite advantages to offer both this early imo is crazy.

all accounts are brad did not ignore roundtree. he was talking to him and even the scout article mentions we were a serious player. imo it is amazing that if roundtree is all that torch says, that roundtree jumped so early.

Well bro I can tell you for a fact that his choices are not down to those schools. So you are saying two top 5 schools, Wisconsin and Florida, are out of the mix. Whomever your sources are are dead wrong. Scott has not limited his list and furthermore he does not have a list. So all of you can stop your speculating and hoping and wishing because there is no list and that is that.

I don't think Suggs has narrowed down his list of schools yet.

Or, if he has, not many people know about it.

There's still a chance he could get an offer from North Carolina.

Washington and Florida have to be somewhere in the picture, because of the family's relationship with Romar and because not only did Billy Donovan just win a national title but he helped turn not-so-heralded Top 100 type players like Joakim Noah and Al Horford into potential lottery picks.

The Suggs family has done a great job of looking at every school that has been interested in Scott. They are going through this process very thoroughly and taking their time.

I said more than a year ago I thought Scott could stay close to home because his family is so tight and he'll be around to watch his younger brothers grow up. But where the Suggs family lives in St. Charles isn't that far from Missouri or St. Louis U.

- Nate

ps: Orange Julius would probably love to see Suggs in a Billikens uniform.