Kevin Update

slu72 fan

Can't argue with your statement, but Kevin will do everything he can to play. I'm not sure, short of reopening the wound, it will heal any quicker by not playing. It's been well over a month since the original cut and it reopened. What a freakish thing, it looked like there was very minimal contact with Kevin and the SJU player.

Don't know if the following is true or not, but i was reading the SJU's board to see what they thought of SLU and saw this comment:

"PS from a report from the Bilken bench (i sit behind it) Lisch's bone was protruding through his skin on one of his fingers."

Take it for what it's worth, don't know if it's true or not.

he will have enough tape and wrap on that hand that you wont even be able to tell how many fingers he has.

he wouldnt play if there was a chance for hurting it more. they need him for defense and depth.

Brad is going to be on 590 with Frank in a few minutes - we can get the scoop then. If Kevin only had 6 stitches then that is about 1/2 of what he had the first time. Also, Frank said that the first time they thought it would take 6-8 weeks to heal so there is not enough time left in the season for him to heal. Brad just said that Kevin had 7 stitches - still less then before. Brad also said that Kevin's shooting slump was due to his injury so he expects the same will happen again. He still wants Kevin on the floor for all the other stuff he does. Brad also said that Kevin simply will have to live with it.

What a warrior. Plain and simple. You could tell he fell hard on his left elbow on that loose ball he dove for (kicked it back to Tommie who was mid-cerebral flatulation on the wrong side of half court), yet he still played great after that.

I still have high hopes for this season, and I believe that Kevin will still find some way to get his points (if he does indeed play on Sat), as well as contributing in all the other ways. But I am even more excited to see he and Tommie fully healthy next year, esp. if we get a good couple of recruits and our other young guys step up to the plate. We saw a glimpse last night of what this team will look like w/out IV out there, and to be honest, I'm not worried one bit.

Not an option. KL could spend an entire year trying to shoot right-handed vs. left-handed (injured) in just a simple HORSE game (must less game conditions), and wouldn't get superior results. However, there is bright side to everything, and these injuries to his left side are a good opportunity to work on his right hand for ball-handling, lay-ups, and even short runners.

And don't underestimate him too much, he can still shoot with his left when it's injured and he has time. During what I considered to be his "injured streak" he shot around 90% from the free throw line, much better than his normal average.

let's not forget that oden shoots mostly 2 foot dunk shots and free throws. shooting a free throw with your off hand is not the same as game action.

I want Kevin to sit. I know he won't, cuz he's a competitor and wants to be out there, but I think Brad has to making the decision hear, along with the doctor's and tell him its in the TEAM's best interest, not only his, that he lets the hand heal for the conference tournament. I am not suggestion he sit out the rest of the games, but he should take at least a good week or so to at least let it rest up.

Just my humble opinion