Fisher's Effort

Great team effort today vs. USF, but Josh really stood out in particular. Fisher finished the game with 13 points, 9 boards, 8 assists, and 3 steals. He and Sloan really carried the team in the first half when Reggie was pretty quiet. IMO, Reggie and Fish make up the strongest backcourt in CUSA. Now let's take care of East Carolina and keep the momentum going into our 3 road games!

I agree that Fisher was great today. Probably the his best all around game in a Billiken uniform. 8 assists and I believe I heard 0 turnovers. The guys were hitting their shots. If you take away Reggie who usually creates his own shot ... they were 20-42 from the field and 4-10 from 3. A lot of their baskets were on wide open looks created by Josh and Anthony driving to the basket and passing to the open man.

AD also had 4 assists and some very nice passes.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Josh won't score 20 or get on the highlight reels but he is one of the best guards in CUSA easily and probably one of the best in the nation. I commend him on his hard work in improving his game, it is now paying off and may get us into the tourney.

How many thought after first seeing Josh as a freshman, that he would turn out this good?

He's grown on me over the years, and I come to the games now, expecting the type of performance that he displayed against USF yesterday. Before he's done this year, I expect him to get the first triple double in SLU history.