Bruce Pearl in the stands at a UT women's game

Box and Won

Last year was the first time in over a decade that the UT men's team outdrew the women's team. The women’s team still drew over 15,000 a game. Last year was also the first time in over a decade that the men's team got better local TV ratings than women's team. Also the women's team still gets more $$$ for commercial airtime during games than the men's team. So they don't need Bruce's help.

I think the guy made an ass out of himself. I don't like the guy. I don't really like anybody that refuses to use anti-perspirant even when their whole sports coat ends up getting drenched from the sweat from his or her armpits.

First, let me finish replying to someone who has "I hate Roy" on their posts above.

Ok...now, but I don't post hatred for Mizzou or Marquette or any of the teams you despise, and that is too bad for you apparently. That is how I post. The point Roy is that multiple people have the belief that you post often enough about Illinois, and your history of posting about the school is 100% positve or close to it. If I were petty I would spend the next several years putting Illinois in all of my posts to you, and create your Illinois fandom for you. Thankfully for the board, I am not. I didn't begin that comment. Nobody is questioning your SLU fandom. And frankly, I don't care if you are an Illinois fan or not, great. The point that I didn't even make btw was that you are the first to argue with anyone that doesn't post hatred for the teams you hate. Someone else pointed it out to you. But on many occasions your posts have been positive for Illinois. Someone else posted it, I didn't.

Roy you have a revisionist history. When SLU and Marquette were in the same conference, it was my belief that Dyane Wade was better than the SLU guards. As I recall you posted that Wade shouldn't have been conference poy. I disagreed, and I would still disagree today. You hate Marquette and couldn't let it go. A lot of people on here hate Marquette because they joined the Big East conference. Should they have said no and joined that A10 or said no, we only go where SLU goes? That is ridiculous thinking. You proceeded to also strike up disagreements on other players, Rob Jackson, and even said Chris Braun was better than Steve Novak. I disagreed. This is something you have never let go, so you attach me to Marquette. Had it been another school, one of two things would have happened, either it would or wouldn't have been a team you despise. And you don't like anyone that doesn't agree with your posts. Plenty of people disagree with mine, but most don't name call or make things negative and hateful. It kills you that I didn't join the hate Marquette party. That is pretty petty. I guarantee you it just as easily been Mizzou, oops forgot the dollar signs..post it once ha ha..post it every time, and it is a bore, and unproductive. I will gladly post anything positive or negative about Mizzou as story allows, or any other school. ,,,or Huggins when at Cincy or whomever.

A poster today even said, Roy you forgot the $$ ...mocking some of your childlike behavior at times.

Most of the board laughs and says, well that is just Roy, and since he is a SLU fan who cares, ....quite a few others find themselves in arguments with you.

If I agree with something or disagree with something, I will post it regardless if it is a school or topic you hate. If I don't know something I will ask and post it. It isn't personal. I cheer at games. I don't need to post I hate xyz coach and call them names. etc...and if somebody else doesn't, look out. Instead of posting something positive about Mike Anderson recently I recall you had to put the...as much as it pains me to do it...first. I don't need to pput the first part in my posts.

...and the recruiting battle between Jimmy Collins and Bruce Pearl over Deon Thomas is still far hotter a situation than Weber and Sampson over Gordan. Ask any Illinoi fan over 35 years old. Pearl was disowned by his own coach at Iowa after the season finished, Deon Thomas' mother and grandmother will not talk to Pearl to this day, and Pearl hired Deon's best high school friend to act as agent for Iowa during the recruiting process.

Yea, Pearl was the innocent child in this process. What is he up to, five players kicked off the team/out of school at Tennessee now?

BTW, Michael Slive was the NCAA agent investigating matters at the time. The other agent who assisted in the matter, as the lead agent initially, was one of Pearl's best friends. I don't lie, FWIW, so check up on this stuff to see where Pearl came from before he cleaned up his act. The leopard might cover his spots in Tennessee orange, but they are still there.

>Last year was the first time in over a decade that the UT

>men's team outdrew the women's team. The women’s team still

>drew over 15,000 a game. Last year was also the first time

>in over a decade that the men's team got better local TV

>ratings than women's team. Also the women's team still gets

>more $$$ for commercial airtime during games than the men's

>team. So they don't need Bruce's help.

>

>I think the guy made an ass out of himself. I don't like

>the guy. I don't really like anybody that refuses to use

>anti-perspirant even when their whole sports coat ends up

>getting drenched from the sweat from his or her armpits.

And Pearl accomplished all of that in one, year, phenominal results. I have had personal experience with Bruce Pearl, among a lot of other coaches, and regardless of what I think of some of his behavior and first hand expereinces, can't argue with that success. SLU would be lucky to have him.

>...and the recruiting battle between Jimmy Collins and Bruce

>Pearl over Deon Thomas is still far hotter a situation than

>Weber and Sampson over Gordan. Ask any Illinoi fan over 35

>years old. Pearl was disowned by his own coach at Iowa after

>the season finished, Deon Thomas' mother and grandmother

>will not talk to Pearl to this day, and Pearl hired Deon's

>best high school friend to act as agent for Iowa during the

>recruiting process.

>

>Yea, Pearl was the innocent child in this process. What is

>he up to, five players kicked off the team/out of school at

>Tennessee now?

>

>BTW, Michael Slive was the NCAA agent investigating matters

>at the time. The other agent who assisted in the matter, as

>the lead agent initially, was one of Pearl's best friends. I

>don't lie, FWIW, so check up on this stuff to see where

>Pearl came from before he cleaned up his act. The leopard

>might cover his spots in Tennessee orange, but they are

>still there.

I have personal stories and experiences that could put Pearl in a very negative light.(but I am also sure I could with manyother coaches I have met too) But he wins and is doing it by the rules. He went to S Indiana for 9 years, UWM for 4 more. His results at those two schools were nothing short of astounding. He played by same rules as everyone else. And, he is off to great start at Tennessee.

Kids leave schools and programs all the time, sometimes in droves, even at good programs. SLU has had a few leave recently.

This is why I didn't want that part of the topic to come up. Illinois fans, will come in droves and change the topic. And alas it has happened.

So, 13 long years at smaller level ball isn't enough for you? Is he never supposed to coach again? Should we slash his tires too? Pick on his kids at school? Yeah, that'll show em.

Courtside, I agree with you. He more than served his time. It is just another part of that stupid coaches code. He can flat out coach. It doesn't mean I like him or would want him here.

I love when the Illini fans act like everything was above board with the program then. That sure was a nice Blazer Deon was driving around town.

>Courtside, I agree with you. He more than served his time.

>It is just another part of that stupid coaches code. He can

>flat out coach. It doesn't mean I like him or would want

>him here.

>

>I love when the Illini fans act like everything was above

>board with the program then. That sure was a nice Blazer

>Deon was driving around town.

Sometimes it sure does feel like an Illni board. I wasn't going to share Henson stories and still don't deem it necessary.

Amen to that Courtside. Of course I have some bias here as my lovely wife is a UT Vols Alum. Pearl has turned a program in the crapper around. He has Frosh players that SLU Fans would die for...we would be lucky to find a Bruce Pearl clone as our next HC.

Pearl will win wherever he goes. Tark, Huggins, Calipari, and Pitino do as well. I want nothing to do with the lot of them. For those who want to dance with the devil, let's go hire Tracy Dildy or Floyd Irons as the lead recruiter, and set up a PE major. We'll be a top 40 program in a year and a half, at the outside.

This thread is about Pearl and his behaviour, most recent and some from the past. If Pearl wanted to support Pat, he could have been the "L" or "S," but he had to be the "V," the first letter - and the closest to the cameras.

I've kept on topic- Pearl.

BTW, Deon Thomas never owned a Blazer. Check the DMV registration records...you don't need to take my word. It is humorous that those who believe otherwise also don't check any of the relevant facts in the matter.

>Pearl will win wherever he goes. Tark, Huggins, Calipari,

>and Pitino do as well. I want nothing to do with the lot of

>them. For those who want to dance with the devil, let's go

>hire Tracy Dildy or Floyd Irons as the lead recruiter, and

>set up a PE major. We'll be a top 40 program in a year and a

>half, at the outside.

>

>This thread is about Pearl and his behaviour, most recent

>and some from the past. If Pearl wanted to support Pat, he

>could have been the "L" or "S," but he had to be the "V,"

>the first letter - and the closest to the cameras.

>

>I've kept on topic- Pearl.

>

>BTW, Deon Thomas never owned a Blazer. Check the DMV

>registration records...you don't need to take my word. It is

>humorous that those who believe otherwise also don't check

>any of the relevant facts in the matter.

No, you are a bitter Illinois fan. Try staying on their board.

I don't know if we should personally pick on his kids at school, but if we happen to have a kid the same age as his kid ... I say hell yea, take his lunch money too.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

keep in mind jimmy collins indeed was punished. that heir to lou henson had long been promised to collins and when the day came up he was passed over. while it was never stated, i am sure deongate was a factor in collins being passed over and rightfully so. he has since been banished forever to illinois chicago.