Is it Time for a Change at the Top of the Men's Basketball Program?

davidnark

3 would have still been simple David. I also would not make any decision at this point, but I also would not say to stay the course. I'm not even sure I could lay out absolutes to stay or go. Imo ... this season plays out, you assess the season and your thoughts for the future, make a decision and move on.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

You need the third option. As pissed off as I am right now, it is way too early to make that decision. You have to let the season play out and see what happens in the conference tournament. This season is playing out very similar to Romar's conference tournament run year. You never knew which team was going to show up that year either.

I don't think a third option is necessary as the real call of the question is whether or not UB is the coach that you want at SLU. I don't understand what 1/2 a season will tell you that 4.5 years on the job hasn't already told you. I think we have a firm understanding of what UB is about, his plusses and minuses, etc.

I think we can learn a hell of a lot from 1/2 of a season.

We can learn if he is finally willing to make some adjustments when it comes to players earning playing time. The lack of a deeper rotation is killing us right now. The starting five has been exhausted at points already this season and that problem will only deepen as the season progresses. Is this the same coach that wouldn't start Kevin the first half of last year? I believe that AK and DM both deserve more minutes right now. Are will he continue to bench them every time they make a freshman mistake. Don't tell me he is to set in his ways to make this change. My response to that is Dick Vermeil. CL has to tell him his job may depend on him making some changes.

We can also learn how he is at rallying his team when the season and his job maybe on the line. We can learn how much these players actually care about and respect the coach. This season's tournament dreams are far from over. But they must really pull together at close super strong or rally and win the conference tournament. If that happens Brad stays. If the team tanks it Brad goes.

I am really torn on this,Brad has had 2 teams that went to the NIT 18 win,and 19 win seasons, one year we would all like to forget,and last year went 16-13 10-6 conference.Have high hopes(still keeping the faith)for this year and expect at least an NIT bid.Pretty good,but not where I would like(NCAA).Brad seems like a great guy,but I keep thinking Mike Montgomery(maybe a Stanford conncection with CL),and if we want to be the Gonzaga of the Midwest, Dan Monson is out there.

Hope we get on a roll,and Brad gets them to the dance,and it`s a moot point.

Would recruiting 2008 take a hit if a change occured?

6' 10 center with a guard for a 4 playing with him or JJ who can no longer jump-looks like he is unable to dunk at 6' foot 7 or 8" I'm not sure why the injuries to JJ, KL. and IV are treated as if thet don't exist.

And yes we have no bench because they get 10 minutes in one game to work miracles then they are banished. BH, AK, DB, JJ, Coffey,DM, then JJ 5 weeks later. Brad should give them 3 minutes then 4 then 5 and

tell them to be ready to play. For nearly 2 years IV looked like he had 2 beers and a sandwich before the games because he never expected to play. Has anyone seen a recent practice? Does AK or DM ever get time with the starters or is it the starters versus the losers like the harlem globe trotters bringing their opponents to town with them.

Does he make them let the starters run crcles around them? Are there

plays on offence and defence...I guess I am getting fed up watching us make the same tired moves and getting put down away and home. Does our bench have to win the scrimmage to get to play?