Post Disgrace

crymdg2

There is no doubt that to be fair it should be mentioned that the A&M game was our third game in three days and that we played very well in our previous two games.

However, we need to expect and tolerate criticism over how the team played tonight. A&M was playing their third game in three days as well and they played pretty darn well.

If we want to be thought of as a top program we can no longer ask for a "pass" from the media. DO you think the media would be all over Mizzou or the Illini if they played like we did? Of course they would.

They lost by thirty six!! The beat Lamar and LA Tech in the other two games. Should Bernie or anybody write about anything positive. Just a reminder they only scored thirty three points and lost by THIRTY SIX!!

That is about as embarrasing as it gets. They looked like the JV scrimmaging the Varsity.

Not saying that we hide anything. Rather I don't want the good things that occured this weekend hidden with the bad of the A & M game thats all. A 36 point loss, in a game that very well could have put us on the national radar, is something that cannot be overlooked. We had our chance to really prove something and simply put we played awful. I'm just saying that, yes, there were quite obviously some bad moments, but they shouldn't completely overshadow the good that we saw as well.

SLU has nice timing playing on a Sunday. All Rams for next few days and Alfonso Soriano going to Cubs. It will likely get lost in the shuffle for the paper, and possibly radio too. Pinkel's extension at Mizzou is a hot topic. Too old to be a "bit" for next Sat too. I don't think it will get much coverage from Bernie. Cusamano sure.

>Anyone wanna bet that Bernie is going to have a field day

>with the game tonight? Of course there will be no mention

>of the previous two games, or the fabulous play of Kevin and

>Tommie in those games.

BIGGEST HOMER POST EVER!

YOU DON'T DRINK THE BLUE KOOL AID, YOU INJECT IT STRAIGHT INTO YOUR VEINS LIKE A HEROIN ADDICT.

WORD OF ADVICE - SOMETIMES IT'S OKAY TO TAKE YOUR LUMPS. WE DESERVE IT ON THIS ONE.

You are right in that it was basically a terrible weekend for local sports. The Rams were as bad as the Bills and the Missouri football team lost to a team that was winless in the conference. There will be many others to bash! I will not mind if we just get balanced coverage. When we win, a nice article. When we get bashed then it is fine to say we were bad.

>-something about an apple and a tree here...but at least

>pops usually waits for the perceived slight before bashing,

>the next generation taking a more proactive approach

>-and we were crap tonight, how do you hide that??

Haha! It does seem a little odd to just start attacking the PD after we got our a$$ handed to us. Seems like misplaced anger to me. It's just one game. It could be worse. It could be Mizzou football. Talk about a debacle. It's amusing listening to all the Mizlosers whine about the Pinkel extension.