Soccer Attendance

File this under things I did not know. From Wikipedia:

Three of the four highest attended NCAA men's soccer regular-season matches of all time were between St. Louis University and SIU Edwardsville at Busch Stadium in St. Louis (22,512 in 1980, 20,122 in 1973, and 15,000 in 1972).[17]

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

File this under things I did not know. From Wikipedia:

Three of the four highest attended NCAA men's soccer regular-season matches of all time were between St. Louis University and SIU Edwardsville at Busch Stadium in St. Louis (22,512 in 1980, 20,122 in 1973, and 15,000 in 1972).[17]

Until fairly recently, the best-attended college hockey game of all time was SLU at the Arena -- 15,348 vs. Ohio State, Feb. 17, 1974. I was still in high school, but I could also walk from my high school to the Arena, so I rarely missed a game. God, those days were fun.

Was that the game where there was some coupon good for a Bill's soccer, basketball or hockey game and that was the last game that qualified? Sat right behind the net. Kills me they let the ice thing go. Think of how friggin' good we'd be these days if we could get the kid's to stay home with all the local talent in HS.

BTW WTF is BUCK?

13 hours ago, almaman said:

Was that the game where there was some coupon good for a Bill's soccer, basketball or hockey game and that was the last game that qualified? Sat right behind the net. Kills me they let the ice thing go. Think of how friggin' good we'd be these days if we could get the kid's to stay home with all the local talent in HS.

BTW WTF is BUCK?

I don't know if that was the last eligible hockey game, but the date fits the bill. 

Those coupons, BTW, were absolutely brilliant. For five bucks apiece (when top-priced tix were $15, I think), you could turn them in day of the game and get the best remaining available seat. (You had to buy them in books, 10 or 20 I think). They'd be utterly perfect for today, which is why we don't have them.