Billikens.com Fundraiser

SluSignGuy

50 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

I think the old man here is wise.  Users have been very generous.  We have raised almost $1200 more than we did in 2012.    We have pretty much settled the "debt," and I will make sure the lights stay on for the next year or two before doing another fundraiser.

Steve

Oh, I mostly joking or going to do that in a more joking fashion.  Basically just making the NPR fundraising campaign type of plea that is basically if you are listening (using the board a lot) and you haven't ever donated, now is the time.  I was probably going to post something like "the board has X users (or X users with over this many posts) and if everyone gave this small $, we'd have enough to fund the board for so many years".  

Clearly people could donate and not post about it, post something without donating, or maybe they donated a ton for the last campaign, so it doesn't really matter.

With the counsel of elders (and Steve) coming out against it, I'll refrain, but I'm still curious about what happened to the member directory.  It was interesting to be able to sort through who had the most posts total, over the last year, last month, etc.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to thank the Billikens.com community for a very successful fundraiser!  69 individuals made donations to the site, resulting in a fundraising total of over $2900.  By means of comparison, this total was more than we raised in 2010 and 2012 combined, and largely settled the past four years of expenses for Billikens.com.  If you would still like to donate, information can be found here: http://www.billikens.com/donate/ 

Thank you very much for your generosity, and I hope everyone has a good holiday.

22 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Fours years of debt??????  There's a place for you in Washington, perfesser!  Shoulda never left.

I misspoke (typed).  The last fundraiser covered us through some of 2014.  This past fundraiser made up for 2014, 2015, and 2016.