SLU Basketball Valuation

JMM28

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-much-is-your-college-basketball-team-worth-1459459516

Apparently SLU is the 4th most valuable team in the A10 at a valuation of $18,600,000. Dayton is tops at $80,000,000.

It's 4th out the 6 A10 teams evaluated. I do not know what the inclusion criteria is. The Dayton evaluation seems rooted in their run last year which probably overstates the estimate.

Also interesting that Dayton has a greater value to it than Xavier.

I would guess that X sharing a market with Cincy would make it less valuable theoretically on the open market. I think Mizzou Arena probably plays a part in the higher valuation for the Tigers over Florida.

It's 4th out the 6 A10 teams evaluated. I do not know what the inclusion criteria is. The Dayton evaluation seems rooted in their run last year which probably overstates the estimate.

I found UMass in the American East and they are right behind SLU (UMass-Lowell is in the American East but still). So 4th out of 7 teams.

Dayton valuation is rooted in their absurd attendance #'s.

Brewer analyzed each program’s revenues and expenses and made cash-flow adjustments, risk assessments and growth projections to calculate what a college team would be worth on the open market, if it could be bought and sold like a professional franchise.

He then returned to his parents' basement and binged his old copy of College Hoops 2K13 for an entire week, nonstop.