Aaric Murray transferring

3Jack

They also lose their next two best players to graduation, so unless they have an incredible recruiting class, they will be really hurting next year.

That sucks. We should want a strong A-10 and things like this only weaken it.

Its going to be a big off-season for the A-10. Can they keep coaches like Mooney from leaving for one of the BCS openings? Are their any guys looking to go pro early? Can the league stay away from any "incidents."

Its going to be a big off-season for the A-10. Can they keep coaches like Mooney from leaving for one of the BCS openings? Are their any guys looking to go pro early? Can the league stay away from any "incidents."

Just speculation here on what you asked:

-Besides Staten and Murray being gone from the conference due to transfers, obviosuly the one player that might think about jumping pro is Holloway. Not sure if he can be successful at the pro level, but if he thinks he can get picked in the low first to middle second round, I see him jumping. I just don't think he will want to risk a senior year if he thinks he can make a roster now.

-I also think Mooney will be gone. His name is being thrown around a lot right now. He will probably strike while the iron is hot. Don't think any others will jump, but won;t be completely surprised if Mack goes BCS. It is basically an X tradition to jump to a power conference school.

-Hopefully, SLU is 'pre-disastered' in regards to another 'incident.' Can't speak for any other schools! B)

I agree completely. As much as I hate Dayton, I don't want to see them completely implode either. Duquesne also loses their two best players to graduation and URI also loses a lot. Richmond doesn't figure to be as good either after losing Harper and Anderson.

Really could give a rats ass about how strong the conference is. That talk didn't help the Big East come tourney time.

We win the conference, win in AC, get our ticket punched. If we have to steamroll over weaker teams, so be it. I'm not shedding tear for other schools. Won't do it. No one shed a tear for Willie or Kwamain. F-them.

Really could give a rats ass about how strong the conference is. That talk didn't help the Big East come tourney time.

We win the conference, win in AC, get our ticket punched. If we have to steamroll over weaker teams, so be it. I'm not shedding tear for other schools. Won't do it. No one shed a tear for Willie or Kwamain. F-them.

It doesn't have to help you win in the NCAA tourney, it helps you GET in the tourney. I'd rather be the 5th best team in a real strong league that sends 8 to the dance than the 2nd best team in the league that sends 1.

Winning in AC is fine, but I sure hope our season doesn't come down to us hoping we can win 3 games in 3 days. We need to have a bid solidified before we ever get to AC and a strong A-10 can help do that.

It helped the league get a record 11 teams into the tournament. Face it, the strength, or even perception of strength, of your conference is important.

Wow! Can it be ---- kshoe and I agree?!?

One cannot be surprised by this. Murray's benching in the home game against Dayton for most of the second half in a game too close to call was eye-opening. I don't recall exactly when in the season that was but it was in the heat of conference play. Telltale then. Guillandeaux also seemed to play to his own drummer. Ditto the transfer from Rutgers --- Pettis maybe. Anyway, Giannini seems to be cut from the same mold as Majerus --- his way or the highway. I really don't see anything wrong with that either given that it seems to be a consensus that kids go to a certain school because of the coach.

La Salle is way down on the list of Philly schools to begin with. Behind Nova and Temple for sure. Certainly behind St. Joe's and maybe even Penn. Drexel in the Colonial is also better off as well. Add in lesser powers like Division II or III schools like U of Philly and the University of the Sciences (old Philly Colleg of Pharmacy) and La Salle was last relevant in the late 60's.

Murray had to give them hope. Now? Back to Square One if you ask me.

It helped the league get a record 11 teams into the tournament. Face it, the strength, or even perception of strength, of your conference is important.

How are those 11 teams doing? Just curious...

What did Jimmy Johnson once say about walking the walk and talking the talk? 2 out of 11 are still alive. That's weak.

Wow! Can it be ---- kshoe and I agree?!?

One cannot be surprised by this. Murray's benching in the home game against Dayton for most of the second half in a game too close to call was eye-opening. I don't recall exactly when in the season that was but it was in the heat of conference play. Telltale then. Guillandeaux also seemed to play to his own drummer. Ditto the transfer from Rutgers --- Pettis maybe. Anyway, Giannini seems to be cut from the same mold as Majerus --- his way or the highway. I really don't see anything wrong with that either given that it seems to be a consensus that kids go to a certain school because of the coach.

La Salle is way down on the list of Philly schools to begin with. Behind Nova and Temple for sure. Certainly behind St. Joe's and maybe even Penn. Drexel in the Colonial is also better off as well. Add in lesser powers like Division II or III schools like U of Philly and the University of the Sciences (old Philly Colleg of Pharmacy) and La Salle was last relevant in the late 60's.

Murray had to give them hope. Now? Back to Square One if you ask me.

If you want to get back to normalcy....

Have you been watching all the St. Louis based players still playing in the NCAA tourney? Harrellson tonight. Jesse Perry and Alex Tyus last night. I guess not every player from St. louis is a bust!

Murray often wandered the sideline during games, appeared to not really pay attention during timeouts

Get this kid on some ritalin and watch him go.

He has the talent, I guess he just cant stay focussed.

He should start every morning off with a big bowl of cereal.

Posted Image

What did Jimmy Johnson once say about walking the walk and talking the talk? 2 out of 11 are still alive. That's weak.

At what point was I defending the Big East? In fact, I thought it was evident that I was taking a little shot at the Big East with the comment about "perception of strength."

I'm just saying that in the eyes of the committee, it's important to be in a strong conference, so hoping that our conference's best players transfer so we can beat them is a stupid attitude, imo. If we truly wanted to be in a weak conference, why not just go ahead and join the Valley? ;)

Can we please not get this discussion started again? I speak from experience about how exhausting and frustrating it can potentially be! :D

Can we please not get this discussion started again? I speak from experience about how exhausting and frustrating it can potentially be! :D

Of course. I'll acquiesce with your request, good sir.