Elliott Welmer

stlhoops

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish he would put emphasis on basketball players who can put the basketball through the hoop. It's kind of important in the game of basketball...if you want to win, that is.

As a long time fan who thought it was a school requirement that the SLU "center" be no taller than 6-5, I heartily applaud this new trend toward verticality.

Donnie Dobbs was a god on the court. Body Love, baby, Body Love. EAjr loved D2

If the staff believes he's a good fit, I'm good with it. Welcome aboard Elliott. Based upon the early promise I have already seen from the three freshman this year, I have no reason to question Crews and his assistants. I think these three guys are going to have an outstanding four years at SLU.

Our team lacks a 6 foot 9 version of forward Bob Pettit formerly of Saint Louis Hawks, teamate of Ed Macauley with a very nice fade away jumper.

Maybe this kid can grow an inch in the next two years before he joins the Bills. We have had good success with prep schoolers. It is like a no cost redshirt to gain a year's maturity

I have looked at our incoming recruits along with our current roster. Besides not having a Bob Petit, I 've noticed we are also lacking in the following players:

• a Michael Jordan
  • a Magic Johnson
  • a Larry Bird
  • a Wilt Chamberlain
  • a Kareem Abdul-Jabar
  • an Oscar Robertson

Considering the absolute dearth of all-time greats among either the current players or those that have committed for 2014 and beyond, I've decided that I cannot in good faith watch this team anymore. It is purely a waste of time. I mean, what's the point?

I have looked at our incoming recruits along with our current roster. Besides not having a Bob Petit, I 've noticed we are also lacking in the following players:

• a Michael Jordan
  • a Magic Johnson
  • a Larry Bird
  • a Wilt Chamberlain
  • a Kareem Abdul-Jabar
  • an Oscar Robertson

Considering the absolute dearth of all-time greats among either the current players or those that have committed for 2014 and beyond, I've decided that I cannot in good faith watch this team anymore. It is purely a waste of time. I mean, what's the point?

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! FIRE CREWS!