Non-conference slate for 2007

I don't know, Roy seems to think MU helps sell tickets and Billiken club memberships, whatever that is. The few $LU games I've seen on TV (not many on TV for some reason), the place looks pretty empty to me. I was surprised you only had a little over 10,000 for the big rivalry game with MSU.

i'd just as soon play st bonnie as drake or evansville. as documented many times, there is no proof that the mvc geographic "advantage" exists. if it did, the mvc teams that visit saint louis to play would have a better attendance record than they do.

there is no doubt that mi$$ouri vs saint louis sells. all three games played were huge attendance draws. i am not stupid enough to deny those games are huge and wanted by the fans. however the fact the game isnt played every year shows mi$$ouri is stupid. if for no other reason, play it for the money alden.

as to only 10k for missouri state. as i have stated many times, this only solidifies that the fans DONT care about regional rivals. the missouri valley doesnt add anything just because of geography. if it did, then someone needs to explain why the top attendance draw games at slu have no missouri valley games when in most seasons we play at at least one mvc team.

attendance is generated by more than geography. with mi$$ouri, there is a grudge hatred by both sets of fans. with our other big draw games in history, the two deciding factors are either 1. a national program or 2. a big year for that particular billiken team.

We don't need MU to sell tickets. The point I think Roy was making was that bringing in MU would raise interest (talk not money). He is probably right but I think other schools could do the same - if you brought in Marquette, Louisville, IL - although they won't play 2 games in St. Louis again - or just about any team with a good history.

72 - the idea that they won't come to SLU because they might feel them would lose is an untrue wives tale. If that was so, UNC would have gone to SEMO it was much closer to Popular Bluff. Kansas had no reason to come when Robertson was there since they techinically played at MU each year. Gonzaga did not have to come, IL did not have to come when we played them. Same with Iowa, ISU, UW - that idea of good teams won't come to play a team that they might loose to from a lesser conf is something they use to hold off conf. like the MVC whose teams are all in small towns and hard to reach. They do go other places just only 1 or twice a year. If anything, if you are good team in a big city, they will interested in coming because that game will garner more TV exposure and TV is what interests them not RPI.

All kidding aside Roy, I hope Missouri schedules $LU in the future. I see no reason not to play that game. It's a big draw in the St. Louis area, for sure. Not sure the western contingent of Missouri's fan base gets excited about that game, but there is enough interest from this side of the state to make it happen.

They came to St. Louis because Roy Williams promises each player that he recruits at least one game close to his hometown. Williams did that at KU with Ryan Robertson. He said that's why he came here on KFNS, in an interview with Rammer and Cusamano.

He certainly could have gone to SIU, but do you think their 70-3 home record bothered him a little more than coming to Scottrade?

UNC will never play an OVC team on the road. That's absurd!

My guess is we won't see UNC again, unless they recruit a St. Louis area player or we give them 2 for 1.

72 - Williams lived up to his promise by playing in Columbia every year. I got news for you if Robertson was from Peoria he is going to there to play Bradley - he would go to IL or Chicago or St. Louis. It was convenient to come to St. Louis. We do not have to play UNC again for 30 years - there are still plenty of good teams out there for us to enter into contracts.