Saint Louis getting richer

VTIME

This freshman crop for 2010 already looks strong and we are only 2 months at the most into the season. You have Scheer at Borgia averaging 16ppg and shooting 50% from the field. You have the 6'8 230 Pierson at CBC avg about 7ppg . You have Julian Johnson at Whitfield averaging about 13ppg. I really like Isaac McClendon at Wellston. He needs to grow though or he's another Stokes. There are other freshman out there and other guys from the class will emerge. Whitfield has another pretty good freshman too, and Eric Clark at Cardinal Ritter isnt bad either, he just needs more minutes.

Yeah, I would've mentioned him, but I didnt feel like getting slammed for it. I saw him against McCluer North and in the Normandy tournament. He's very uncoordinated. They need to teach him how to run fluidly. He can dunk without jumping though, saw it in warmups.

Big Mel was very uncoordinated as well.

Hope Mel's kid has a better head on his very long body. Smarts was really all that kept Mel from being a force at D-1 and making a living in the NBA. Keep the young kid away from Floyd as well.

mel robinson had lots of athletic skills but he was not taought in high school and did not get good caching from Grawer; Grawer did not understand big men; he would have played 5 guards like Spoon if given a choice or one big to rebound for them; Mel Robinson was a good kid and Soderberg may be the guy to atone to him and his family for the fiasco of Grawer and Winfield as coaches. If Mel has been watching the growth of IV and Sodaerberg and his son has the ability it would be nice if basketball could get a chance to pay him back-a second chance

at the gold ring at SLU would be great

Mizzou is supposed to be looking at Williams. Really all he has going for him is height. He would be a big project and may not have the acedemic acumen for SLU. I don't think Brad is recruiting him at all.

You are way off base.

Melvin was not having his door knocked down by recruiters. Rich took a chance on him, and gave him oppurtunity after oppurtunity to do well. The year he skipped out Grawer had the team built for him. Grawer was making him the focus on offensively and defensively. Mel wouldn't do the work in the class or on the court and he kept Floyd in his ear telling him he could do much better things. You can only blame Mel for his downfall. Dude had the talent to be a longtime NBA player. Grawer developed him from a scrub high school big man project to a player on the verge of great things. Mel refused to work.