Game Thread

moytoy12

when did anyone say our legs were tired except for the A&M game where they clearly were. Your comment makes it look like that is a standard excuse and it hasn't been

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

Official Sponser of the Stemmler and Ahearn could and would have helped club.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you aren't seeing the game your opinion is worthless as you have no clue. Ian has missed some shots, but he is getting the ###### beat out of him. They are running 3 guys who are huge at him and he is getting hammered. He can't get a call.

I heard these were SEC refs ... why do we always have to let the other team bring their own f,,,ing officials to get a home and home. It's no wonder it always seems like we never get a home court advantage.

As far as their looks go ... we were closing late. We looked slow, I think UB had it right we played the first half with no intensity. I'm not sure who I would rather have with the ball JJ or DB ... either one leads to a fast break for the other team.

I got blasted after the UNC game for saying the main reason we lost was our poor shooting. Several posters effectively indicated that I didn't understand basketball/sports/etc. and that the problem was our "legs were tired". We lost against UNC because we shot the ball like CRAP!!! Today, in the first half with very fresh legs from a week's rest, we shot the ball like crap and almost gave the game away. Then, in the second half against a very big and physical team when we SHOULD have been tired, we started hitting shots and won.

Bottom line is that winning teams make baskets REGARDLESS of being tired, in an unfamiliar arena, having the sun in their eyes, etc. Against UNC we did not make baskets in the second half and lost; against Ole Miss, we MADE baskets in the second half and won. It is that simple.

"A strong man stands up for himself; a stronger man stands up for others." - Ben

I'm not a Luke fan-but he got JJ excited-he got polk excited-he got Bryce excited-enthusiasm and toughness count for something-Soderberg talked about it after the game; these are nice kids and too nice on the basketball court; if IV and TL could play a little meaner we could get AK more playing time as in wins with comfortable leads or where the momentum swings in our direction

... and I was serious as a heart attack when I posted it. Again, that shows me that the expectation can be real for this team. A skank team does not come back and right the ship the way they did that afternoon. Hope springs eternal. Has to when you're a Bills fan.

I think we need to find a way to play 2 good halves. Very few teams if any ... play great for 40 minutes ... but the difference between our good and bad is huge ... plus our bad seems to be entire halves not a couple of 5 minute stretches.

If we can figure out how to come out stronger ... and play 30-35 great minutes per game ...