Status of Obi and HD

"I disagree with the posters that would somehow find fault with Brad over this matter."

The fault with Brad is that he couldn't get better players than OI and HD; therefore, Brad had to settle for these guys. These were high risk/medium-to-high reward players. The fault lies in the fact that we didn't get any commitments from low-to-medium risk/medium-to-high reward players.

>The fault with Brad is that he couldn't get better players

>than OI and HD; therefore, Brad had to settle for these

>guys. These were high risk/medium-to-high reward players.

>The fault lies in the fact that we didn't get any

>commitments from low-to-medium risk/medium-to-high reward

>players.

That was then. This is now. You need a new tune.

I had posted on here at the beginning of the academic year that Horace was still having issues getting enrolled and that I was told that Horace would have a tough time staying eligible. I guess when you are saving all of your bullets till late spring you have to pull the trigger at some point and I guess this was a shot that the staff felt was worth taking. I am not going to blame the coaching staff for what has happened to these two players specifically, but I think it shows what many have been posting on here for awhile now and thats the poor recruiting. I said I was going to relax and enjoy the season at hand, so I will stop here and stay out of any arguments concerning recruiting.

remember last year that a rumor spread about tommie....it was not true.

What we know

Obi was not in uniform for the last two games and not seen Dec. 22nd.

Horace was in uniform Dec 22nd.

Grades were due Dec 21 at 5pm......

It seeems to me if his grades were not good enough he would have been in street clothes against UNC.

you do know that thomas redshirted his freshman year because he was academically challenged plus did not have a clue offensively dont you? (sounds a lot like dixon to me.) he was a second year freshman player last year.

Does anyone think this will prompt TL to jump into the NBA draft at seasons end? If there is no bigs coming in and BH could graduate this year if he hasn't already graduted early, that would leave only AK and a bunch of 1 & 2s left on the roster. If TL is seriously considering the draft these next two seasons would play a huge role in whether he is a lottery pick or like many former Billikens playing overseas.

first -

loose /lus/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[loos] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, loos·er, loos·est, adverb, verb loosed, loos·ing.

–adjective 1. free or released from fastening or attachment: a loose end.

2. free from anything that binds or restrains; unfettered: loose cats prowling around in alleyways at night.

lose /luz/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[looz] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation verb, lost, los·ing.

–verb (used with object) 1. to come to be without (something in one's possession or care), through accident, theft, etc., so that there is little or no prospect of recovery: I'm sure I've merely misplaced my hat, not lost it.

2. to fail inadvertently to retain (something) in such a way that it cannot be immediately recovered: I just lost a dime under this sofa.

that drives me nuts that too many people cant use the word correctly

second, again you totally mislead on the stemler and shaw scenario. if coach soderberg never saw value in the two, he would have never offered either one a scholarship. in fact he was the very first high major school (i believe only akron offered before slu) to offer stemler. you need to let that comparison go because you are totally off base on that one. stemler was sold the bright lights and big story from confirmed cheater sampson and decided to take indiana (who was the very last to see and offer stemler). if you want to blame anyone on stemler, blame the jerk off asst swic coach, campo for campaigning against slu to the bitter end.

shaw, i agree he should have offered the one scholarship we had remaining that year to shaw instead of grimes first, but we werent the only school that offered grimes over shaw. if you chastize slu over that bad mistake, go after illinois, kansas and mi$$ouri as well for being that stupid. i said back then as well that shaw was the better player as well, but soderberg went for the potential instead. still we offered early summer and shaw decided to go with painter who had been courting him from early on.

I was talking with someone at Humphrey's before the UNC game and they told me that they had talked to Bryce and he said that he was accepted into the SLU MBA program. This would make me think he will be back in a Billiken uniform next season. I was very pleased to hear this news, sounds like Bryce has a bright future ahead of him. Here is a kid who to this point has not had the on-court success I am sure he would have liked, but who has taken care of business in the classroom and will be leaving SLU with a MBA from a highly regarded business school.

>V, what is this about Woodland? So, he has tranferred to a

>school in Cincinnati and will no longer be attending Mizzou

>next year on a football scholarship?

He might re-commit to Mizzou, but right now he is in Ohio as a basketball teammate of Alex Tyus. He could recommit to Missouri in football as I really think he wanted to go there, but he could also get some division 1 offers from some high-major programs playing on this high profile basketball academy. He could play either sport at any school. Intriguing story.

In article Woodland says he is still going to Mizzou despite playing prep school basketball. I really dont understand the prep school move unless he's just doing it for fun.

http://prepsports.stltoday.com/ssi/prep/st...D0?OpenDocument

"I really enjoyed my time here," said Woodland, who will be moving to Cincinnati to attend Harmony Prep School for the winter semester as he prepares to play football at the University of Missouri. "The guys welcomed me here and it was like a family. I'm glad I was able to help win a championship. I am going to always keep in touch with these guys, even when I am at Mizzou."