DP now has three kids

brianstl

i never even thought about polk guarding ahearn. i just assumed it would be kevin because i also assumed kevin wouldnt be able to do much but defend with his gashed hand.

polk was just marvelous. i focused on polk a lot because i enjoy watching shooters get open and use screens, but polk was just so determined to live in ahearns pants it was amazing. i would think ahearn will see dwayne polk in his sleep for a long long time.

Roy, I thought the exact same thing. I figured it would be Lisch guarding Ahearn. However, once I saw Polk guarding him, and saw it working well, it actually made a lot of sense to me for one main reason. Ahearn is quick out on the floor. Not fast, or even athletic, but he is quick. if you combat that with Polk's superior quickness, Ahearn doesn't get open. End result, a Ahearn scores the same amount of points as the number on the back of Polk's jersey, 00.

This was great to see. First of all, we don't have to hear anything about Blake lighting SLU up and making them look really stupid. Second, I had always found Blake to be a bit too cocky for my taste. Third, he didn't pass me the ball enough when we were on the same team at a basketball camp when I was 10 years old. :)

no doubt. you called it from the start. I was surprised to see POlk on him in the beginning. Instead of our usual "sag" in to the middle we essentially played a 4-4 game and let Polk hound Ahearn. And then Ahearn misses the front end of a one and one?