College Cup

SLUBALLS

Schedule of events this weekend:

Friday afternoon/night:

Two semifinal matchups starting at approx 5pm. 2nd game will begin 45 minutes after the conclusion of the first.

Saturday afternoon/night:

Clinic from teams in the West Pine Gym, followed by autograph session, all from 8am until around 1pm.

MAC Hermann Trophy Presentation (College soccer's equivalent to the Heisman) beginning at 5pm in the St. Louis Room of the Busch Student Center. Will be shown live in ESPNews.

Sunday:

Final at 2pm.

Just a bit of history here but back in 2003, Columbus, OH, hosted the college cup and the weather was much like we are expecting this weekend:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airpor...eq_statename=NA

Attendance for the championship game was 5300. Total tourney attendance was 61,000.

Problem is this is the forecast for Thursday:

Blustery. Much colder. Occasional rain early in the morning. Occasional freezing rain through the day. Occasional snow and sleet in the afternoon. Snow and sleet accumulation around 1 inch. Ice accumulation around one quarter of an inch. High in the lower 30s. North wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.

Damn unlucky to be catching this winter blast a day before the Cup. I mean we're dropping 30deg in a matter of hours basically.

I am supposed to be volunteering at the College Cup this weekend and I haven't heard that Friday's games have been cancelled from the AD or anything, but I talked to my cousin who one of the head managers at the Renaissance Hotel downtown--where most of the teams are staying--and she read me something that told her tomorrow's games have been cancelled...and that some teams aren't coming in until tomorrow either. I am not trying to tell anybody not to show up tomorrow or anything, but has anybody hear anything like that?

CK, how was the banquet?

FYI - not that it's recent news, but they said on KFNS or somewhere else that the tarp has been on the field for a few days now. Whether or not they can get it off anytime soon is the question. It sounds like the storm system will be out by afternoon tomorrow, maybe you'll get your European Football in this weekend.