Early Signing Period

cheeseman

The streets are way too quiet. I'm tired of holding scholarships for the class of 2012 or whatever. The future is now. Tommie and Kevin are already sophomores. We need to add players to the program who will be able to contribute quickly and help Kevin and Tommie make the Big Dance. This program is due. I already think Brad missed a golden opportunity last recruiting period. If he can't bring in the players to help us get there during the TL/KL era, then he needs to be shown the door.

Sorry Ace, rough night. My dog died. My son ran off to join the circus. My house burned to the ground due to arson. In any case I find the last statement of your original post funny given the "predictions thread" earlier.

If we aren't a tourney team or very close this year I'm with you.

At the risk of stirring up a firestorm it pains me when there is not more outrage on the fact we have no oral committments in the early signing period. And to make matters worse the talk now is we are going to wait to the spring signing period to sign some players. Why not! We have had so much success following this path to success! Recruiting is what dictates the success of your program.

If you want to know why SLU doesn't get any respect form the local papers or the basketball community as a whole it is because of our acceptance of mediocrity. No other group of University basketball supporters whould stand for not making the NCAA Tournament for five straight years , have no early verbals for the six year and pronounce their program is "heading in the right direction". C'mon people, who else would stand for this? Dare I say it but the KKKKOOO......nope I promised myself I wouldn't resort to name calling.

No one is going to respect a program more than its own supporters.

What exactly are you looking for, dude? This is a message board, not the board of directors.

Recruiting has been discussed on here to the point of nausea. I'm sure everybody is upset that we don't have any idea what's going on. But what the hell is talking about it on here gonna do to help? Seriously. We have actual basketball to talk about now, bub. Thank God. However, I guess if you telling us the shortcomings of Brad's recruiting make you feel better, have at it. Nothing has changed in 6 months...which sucks...but there is nothing to talk about.

I would guess the 2 are Powell and Alexander, no inside info, just a guess. I find it interesting that there are 2 offers out there and neither has verballed and/or signed yet. I am guessing they are still deciding on if they want to sign now or wait until the Spring and maybe have a few more schools to choose from.

I wonder if Eckerle would be a candidate too? Or is the Academic Scholarship still on the table?

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

Nashville here is why I am concerned. I am not interested in my steak dinner tonight (this season) but how am I going to feed the family for the years to come (next season and the season after that). I guess I can choose to be happy for the moment but I happen to be a planner and worry about the future.

I know we are going to have a pretty decent year this year barring any injuries to KL,TL,Ian but what about next year or the year after that. I am sure you are aware of the big recruiting classes coming up and I think it would be beneifical if SLU could create an aura about their program. Right now most people think the only chance for SLU getting any of the TOP 5 in next years recruiting class is if they just want to stay home and play. Let's give them a reason to stay home with a program that everyone wants to be a part of first and located in ST. Louis second. SLU won't be successful if our main recruiting draw is hoping the kid wants to stay home and play in front of family and friends.