Billikan's obession with Big Hawkeye is really disturbi

And I quote a previous Billikan post:

"We know we have Bryce, who is developing, and the three young players in AK, HD and Obi. I would be surprised if Bryce is not an even better player by the start of next season and even now he is very good on the defensive end. Clearly, the jury is still out on Bryce but I have hopes that he can be an effective player in his senior year."

Bryce is a mediocre D-1 basketball player at best. He is slow, un-athletic and has no touch from outside the paint. He can't play defense, gets thrown around by opposing point guards, cannot set a screen to save his corn husking life and has no hand-eye coordination. In his bio, it says he was an "All-State golfer." Hmmmmmm.

metz said, "Bryce is a mediocre D-1 basketball player at best. He is slow, un-athletic and has no touch from outside the paint. He can't play defense"

you do know he made 2 three pointers in the scrimmage friday nite?

what did billikan say that was "obsessionlike" about bryce?

he said he is developing. how can you argue that he is not developing. i agree he isnt to be confused with any nba centers at this point, but to not recognize that bryce has indeed come a long way is just blind.

could you tell us the point guard that "threw him around"? i dont remember that.

If I remember correctly, few people on this board had any nice things to say about Ian before the middle of his sophomore year. It's possible that Bryce may be a work in progress, and I'm interested to see how he develops as a player over the next two seasons.

i have never been mistaken for a bryce backer before, however, i thought friday night he looked better running the floor and patroling the paint on defense than he ever has. when he hit the first three from the top of the key, i turned to skip and smiled. of course skip has been telling me for years bryce will be a player. i am not ready to be proven wrong and bryce has my attention.

Whoa, whoa, whoa Roy. Do you have any idea what you're saying? Are you trying to tell me that a player can improve based on maturity and coaching? Are you saying that it is possible for somebody to practice, lift weights and pay attention to his coach and it will actually make him a better player? That is insane. Don't you know that Freshman are who win championships? I mean, if you don't declare for the NBA after you're freshman year, it's a lost cause. And that is pushing it. If you are not deciding whether or not to go to the NBA when you are 17, chances are you will amount to nothing. Impact freshman are the NORM, Roy...not the exception. Get your head out of your a$$...

your words were "no touch from outside the paint". no touch means he cant make a shot. but for the record, ian was where he should be on the first one.

Bryce is rapidly improving and I am really very pleased with where he is, and where he can go from here. I have seen dramatic improvement since his arrival, when he could hardly do much at all. Nowadays, he really changes a lot of shots on D. He is running the floor better. And he has developed some offensive moves and some decent touch with the ball. There is no doubt in my mind that he will play a lot of minutes as a senior and probably start next year.

This year-- his rebounds and blocks per minute will knock all of us out and probably lead the Atlantic 10 (mild prediction). I cannot really say how many minutes per game that will be, but possibly 10 a game.

Count me as a Bryce believer ... as Roy said, I have been saying it from day 1. Not that he was going to be a star, but that he would contribute, that he had areas that he was good at, and things he needed to improve. I think he is doing that. I said the same about Ian from day 1 ... even though many weren't on board. I was right then, and I will be right on Bryce.

Bryce will back up Ian this year and alter the game defensively. I still have questions about his ability to hold onto a board in traffic, but I know he has been working hard on his strength and will not be surprised to see alot of improvement this year. I have always thought he had a decent touch, he just needed to be stronger and more confident. He will probably always have problems with the 6'9" skinny leaper ... he just isn't quick enough, but I think he is a smart kid and can and will learn to position himself where he can take adbvantage of his height better than he has in the past.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

your ridiculous uninformed insulting posts. My description of Bryce was balanced and yours is way off base. "He can't play defense" is just stupid. The one thing he can do is defend in the paint. he is big and blocks shots. He also has a nice outside touch and he is working his tail off. Go away Putz!

It was not difficult for anyone who had seen Ian play outside of Savvis Center that he was going to be a big time talent. He had NBA ability from day 1, he just had to adapt to the college game and that took him a little time. People who only saw him in games probably did not have a favorable impression of him. Once Tom went down and Ian knew the job was his, he quit looking over his shoulder and just played and thats when the ability showed.

I have not seen any real ability in Bryce, but I will not belabor the point since I think I have been a little too harsh on him in the past. I mean from what I can see he at least has passion for the program and the team and seems to have kept that while others in similar situations may ***** and moan about lack of pt.

"It was not difficult for anyone who had seen Ian play outside of Savvis Center that he was going to be a big time talent."

I find that hard to believe. But, i admit, i had never seen Ian play in person, much less see him play outside of Savvis Center when he first got to SLU. I did see him play in games on TV early on and i (incorrectly) thought he was not going to amount to much. He seemed slow and clumsy.

Perhaps you are suggesting that his potential was there, however, i did not see a WNBA player much less an NBA player (when he first arrived).

You say it wasn't difficult to see he had big time talent ... I'd guess 50% of the board thought he wasn't going to be very good. Despite projections from the coaching staff that he would finish his career as the best Bills center ... in I don't remember how long.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman