Missouri State gets in-state guard

I saw him in the 3A state playoffs. He almost brought Mount Vernon back in the state game agaisnt Charleston. He's very impressive and I recommended him on thi site in March, check the archives. He can really play. No one listens to vtime. They had a 6'8 big man that he could play off of too. I think his name was Kleine. The kid could flat out shoot and had good game off the dribble with flashy passing.

nate, just curious, i assume that brad thinks he has a shot at pullen. ( btw, the new basketball times is out and pullen was rated the #14 player at the nike camp this summer.)

assuming he is going to bring in one point guard, why should he abandon his efforts for pullen and go for a commit from this brock kid?

"No one listens to vtime"

Is vtime gonna squirt a tear? Sell you b.s., boo-hoos and self-congratulations somewhere else. are you really this child-like? tell me this is an act.

This vtime phase-out is eerily similar to Iraq (come on brich and roy...i had to).

i think vtime has a "clue". as was stated earlier, vtime definitely has value to the board. a lot of the threads either start or continue because of vtime input.

my biggest problem with vtime is he has math problems. if we made a list of all the players he has listed we should be recruiting and then subtracted the available scholarships there is an obvious problem. you cant just throw names out for the sake of a name.

that said, some of his recent assertions have been beyond nonsense. for example, the top whopper, drejaj couldnt make the harris stowe team is my favorite. of course backing up his statements with and1 tour highlights proves his point.

my gosh. did i drink some bad scotch or something and this is all a dream?

Pullen is getting some strong offers so I seriously doubt he's coming here. But considering we have 2 all-conference caliber guards and 3 other guards that will be upperclassmen + Maguire in 2007, Brad owes it to the program to sign the best guard he can, i.e. someone good enough as a freshman to bump experienced upperclassmen from the rotation. There's plenty of 6'1 lightly recruited guards to choose from if we have to go that route. Such a player would be getting garbage minutes or redshirted their freshman year, though.

Roy, I think he knows a good high school player. I think it is now obvious he has no clue how their game will translate on the next level. I will give him this thou, I totally agree with him about Powell's game. Cant wait to figure out V's next alias.

>i think vtime has a "clue". as was stated earlier, vtime

>definitely has value to the board. a lot of the threads

>either start or continue because of vtime input.

>

>my biggest problem with vtime is he has math problems. if

>we made a list of all the players he has listed we should be

>recruiting and then subtracted the available scholarships

>there is an obvious problem. you cant just throw names out

>for the sake of a name.

>

>that said, some of his recent assertions have been beyond

>nonsense. for example, the top whopper, drejaj couldnt make

>the harris stowe team is my favorite. of course backing up

>his statements with and1 tour highlights proves his point.

>

> my gosh. did i drink some bad scotch or something and this

>is all a dream?

Drejaj would make the teamm but his value wouldnt be the same as it is at SLU. Its a different system.

to insinuate that a player with the qualities of drejaj would be nothing more than a make the team and sit on the bench player at harris stowe is so far out there it is unbelievable.

maybe after the a$$ kicking harris stowe will receive that first week of november you will wake up and realize that harlem globetrotters and and1 tours arent basketball.

it also explains why you come here and list every starter for a phl team and assume they would start for the billikens.

one could assume you also believe:

1. santa claus

2. easter bunny

3. kennedy killed by CIA

4. WWF is real

5. fairies wear boots,

etc.

>nate, just curious, i assume that brad thinks he has a shot

>at pullen. ( btw, the new basketball times is out and

>pullen was rated the #14 player at the nike camp this

>summer.)

>

>assuming he is going to bring in one point guard, why should

>he abandon his efforts for pullen and go for a commit from

>this brock kid?

I never said BS should abandon his efforts for Pullen. I just said Brock would be worth a look. I think Brock is like a smaller version of Blake Ahearn in terms of shooting ability, some flash, some cockiness and (I've heard) his work ethic. Brock is committed to MS, so it's too late. I would imagine the SLU staff looked at him a little, but there's no way to know for sure.

Soderberg should continue recruiting Pullen and Leuer and Beinert and whoever else he thinks fits the system and would consider going to SLU. I have to give the coach credit for pursuing some of these guys, though in the cases of Pullen and Leuer it looks like they will end up at more established programs.

- Nate

>Nate do you think this ends their recruitment of Chris

>Stokes? and if so, do you think there is any possibility

>that SLU is interested?

biggie,

I have no idea if SLU is/was ever interested in Stokes.

I don't know how Stokes would fit in at SLU. He'd certainly be a kid to keep an eye on, though.

- Nate

See V this is what I mean. Drejaj would dominate at HS. He would have ended up with every scoring record and assist record at the school and he would have been the teams best defensive player. If you dont realize that then you have know clue how much the game varies between high school and college; then varies from the different levels in college. The skill level and depth of the teams is just night and day.

>See V this is what I mean. Drejaj would dominate at HS. He

>would have ended up with every scoring record and assist

>record at the school and he would have been the teams best

>defensive player. If you dont realize that then you have

>know clue how much the game varies between high school and

>college; then varies from the different levels in college.

>The skill level and depth of the teams is just night and

>day.

Or is it that you dont understand that Drejaj isnt fast enough or talented enough to be the schools leading scorer. We had a guard who was top 10 in the nation in scoring. How was Drejaj supposed to be the alltime leading scorer playing with him? NAIA is a speed game and Drejaj is a step slow. Being division 1 doesnt make you a star at NAIA. Its just not true. An all-conference guy like Lorenzo Gordon was an all-american at the NAIA level, and all-conference in D1. Drejaj is a marginal division 1 player who played for a coach who liked his defense and gave him minutes despite his shortcomings. That does not equate star status at the NAIA level. He couldnt even get off in the Bonner league. He's lucky he went to SLU. Dennis Rodman played NAIA. Devean George was a division III player. There are a lot of guys in NAIA that are better than D1 guys. There's at least one on most NAIA teams.