5 Questions

Here is this weeks 5 Questions:

1. Other than the big three (Ian, Liddell, and Lisch) who do you see stepping up and being a consistent contributor this season?

2. If you could have just one of the area recruits that we are pursuing in the next couple of classes who would it be?

3. What game are you most looking forward to this season? Also, we have often discussed on this board how SLU does not have a true rival, who would you say SLU's rival is at this point and who would you like to see it become?

4. If you could add one player from past Billiken teams to the current squad who would it be?

5. Tennis star Lindsay Davenport...would ya?

Here is this weeks 5 Questions:

1. I feel the force is with young Obi (Wan Kenobi)...

2. Josh Edmonds, Peoria Notre Dame H.S.

3. UNC and Let the X mark our rival. Xavier...

4. Josh Fisher. Tenacious D.

5. No, I like my women like I like my hot cocoa --- SWISS MISS -- Martina Hingis baby...that and Maria Sharapova's grunting...

1.) I think Luke Meyer will surprise at the 3

2.) The PF from Minnesota

3.) UNC, I think Charlotte's our rival. Old CUSA days.

4.) Anthony Bonner...we'd at least make elite 8. Of course how do you leave out the legend.

5.) I hate tennis...Charleze Theron rules.

1. I have no idea - Danny Brown. As much as I would like to hope it would be Justin Johnson, I don't think that will happen.

2. Suggs.

3. I'm looking forward to UNC the most. I'd say XU and Dayton are our biggest potential rivals right now - we'll never be either team's archrival, but I think we'll develop good rivalries with those programs.

4. Hughes.

5. Nah.

Here are my answers:

1. I really like Luke Meyer, he does all the little things that are needed for a team to be successful. I think he will get a lot of open looks with teams having to help out on the "Big 3" and I think he is more than capable of knocking them down, he is also a pretty crafty scorer around the hoop and he is deceptively athletic.

2. I think Tyler Griffey would be my choice.

3. The UNC game. I don't think I can identify a rival as of now, the switch to the A-10 being the cause of that. I think SIU and Missouri State view us as somewhat of a rival. I think Dayton or Xavier could become nice rivals for us, UD seems to have a large following in the StL.

4. Anthony Bonner would be my choice and that would be a scary starting line-up.

5. She would not be my top choice of tennis players, but I would most definitely.

1. For consistency, I gotta go with Luke.

2. Tyler Griffey

3. UNC; Xavier and Xavier

4. To this squad, I'd go with Bonner. Otherwise, I'd have trouble not going with Larry Hughes.

5. Sure, why not.

1. Other than the big three (Ian, Liddell, and Lisch) who do you see stepping up and being a consistent contributor this season?

2. If you could have just one of the area recruits that we are pursuing in the next couple of classes who would it be?

3. What game are you most looking forward to this season? Also, we have often discussed on this board how SLU does not have a true rival, who would you say SLU's rival is at this point and who would you like to see it become?

4. If you could add one player from past Billiken teams to the current squad who would it be?

5. Tennis star Lindsay Davenport...would ya?

1. Luke Meyer will be a consistent contributor. Others may step up to occasionally score more points or grab more rebounds or distribute more assists, and he may not ever score a lot, but he'll add a lot, particularly in intangibles, consistently.

2. Tyler Griffey. But Coach Soderberg darn well better get more than one!

3. I'm most looking forward to their first game in the NCAA Tournament. If you don't like that answer, then the game I'm looking forward to most is the season opener. If you don't like that answer, I'm looking forward to getting Dayton back -- they single-handedly kept the Bills out of the postseason. SLU doesn't have a true rival, but Xavier and Dayton have potential. Maybe I need to amend my statement a bit, because I think Southern Illinois and Missouri State consider SLU a rival, consider how they get up for the Bills.

4. I'll take Larry Hughes at any time, but perhaps this team could benefit more from Anthony Bonner. Even so, this team doesn't need another superstar player, so I'll add Jamal Johnson.

5. No, but I think Chanda Rubin is attractive.

1. Bryce Husak wiil surprise many

2. Leon Powell, athleticism from the forward position that SLU has lacked for years. Could be devastating when in the game with Horace Dixon.

3. Missouri State, rival would be SIUC

4. Anthony Bonner all day

5. Ofcourse not, she look like a man. Serena is more my speed.

1. I'm going to go with Luke. If he plays good minutes and gets his shots to drop, he could score 8 a game.

2. Suggs

3. UNC, we play ranked teams well at home.

4. Drew Deiner. We needed a shooter last year, he would have been it and could be this year.

5. I'll say yes to Lindsay.