powell

>

> where on earth did people get the idea that leon powell

>has not been offered a scholarship from slu. that offer was

>made a looonnnnggg time ago.

>

>bad boyz for life

the rivals article which came out at the end of April said that Powell's only offer was from Bradley. Since then I've asked around all people talk is the Big 12 interest, but no other offers from Bradley. When did this SLU offer occur. Both rivals and scout updated his profile a couple of weeks ago when he went to that tourney and played with KC Rocktown. No mention of new offers. This SLU offer HAD to have happened in the last month. When exactly did it happen?

V-time, if Powell was offered for sure would he say yes? I think pdiddy's sources are pretty solid, if so here, why hasn't Powell said yes to SLU? Maybe he's not interested in us. Do you know, inquiring minds want to know.

Or the internet sites could be wrong. According to Pdiddy it was made a looonnnnggg time ago, which to me doesn't seem like "in the last month". The problem with having no real inside info and just looking ###### up on the computer and acting like you are informed ... is the scouting sites are probably wrong more often then they are right. Which in turn makes you have the same success as they do.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

>V-time, if Powell was offered for sure would he say yes? I

>think pdiddy's sources are pretty solid, if so here, why

>hasn't Powell said yes to SLU? Maybe he's not interested in

>us. Do you know, inquiring minds want to know.

He's more than interested in SLU. He idolizes Polk and that magical season they had together. He comes to SLU open runs all the time. He knows he fills a need and can play right away. P. Diddy said the offer happened along time ago. As of the April 30th his only offer was from Bradley. My question to P. Diddy is why he didn't announce that Powell has been offered when he first found out? There aren't a lot of 2007 prospects we talk about on this site, one of them getting offered is big news. There was an announcement when we offered Stemler.

> Or the internet sites could be wrong. According to Pdiddy

>it was made a looonnnnggg time ago, which to me doesn't seem

>like "in the last month". The problem with having no real

>inside info and just looking ###### up on the computer and

>acting like you are informed ... is the scouting sites are

>probably wrong more often then they are right. Which in turn

>makes you have the same success as they do.

>

>

> Official Billikens.com sponsor of H.

>Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players

>and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

They interviewed him about it. And they spoke to him at the last tournament with KC Rocktown. And stlsfinest asked him about it at the Midwest Showdown. If it was a longtime ago, a lot more people would know and be excited about it. I check in with my people at least every couple of weeks. and I live down the street from Floyd. I would've been notified. If it was a long time ago I would've known about it by now. However, IN THIS CASE, I hope I'm wrong. I would love for Brad to land this recruit. To have Meyer, Polk, Liddell, Lisch, Knollmeyer, Maguire, and Powell, all in all local kids who will all be starters at some point in their careers is absolutely the right way to go. Those stands will start to fill up and so will the win column. Fans will support a team, win or lose with strong local influence on the roster.

vtime, i had assumed that leon was offered as a soph already per conversations at billiken club meetings. but when you started in on it last year, i just figured you had gotten it straight from powell that he hadnt with your close vtime connections. so then i thought, well i guess coach soderberg hadnt after all.

now we find out your information is the loser recruiting guru sites that have always convienently left slu off of recruiting talk. there was your mistake. i always taket the recruiting sites info with a grain of salt.

slu72 said, "So, if he was offered looooong ago, I'm assuming he's not all that keen on coming to SLU and is waiting further offers?"

that isnt fair slu72. many kids get early offers. few accept upfront with 2-3 years of high school left to go. how many can you name nationwide that accept as freshmen or sophomores in high school?

that doesnt mean that the player in question is "not all that keen" on coming to the offering school. that is just playing out their options.

I've talked to Leon several times. No mmention of a SLU offer. His first offer was indeed Bradley. This supposed offer from SLU may have happened recently, but it certainly wasn't a long time ago. A lot of schools are interested, but have not offered just because they wanted to see him play the SF this summer during AAU. Back in April and May, he proved that he was a real SF & I expect Leon to have about five offers after July (especially if he goes to the Nike or ABCD Camp).

Missouri and Kanas both like Powell. However, they like George Goode even more. Kansas is not likely to offer Powell any time soon, but Mike Anderson is very close to giving Powell an offer. SLU still has a chance to get Powell, but Leon wants to play for a program where he can run the floor. He's open to all schools right now, just like most '07 prospects are.

>vtime, i had assumed that leon was offered as a soph already

>per conversations at billiken club meetings. but when you

>started in on it last year, i just figured you had gotten it

>straight from powell that he hadnt with your close vtime

>connections. so then i thought, well i guess coach

>soderberg hadnt after all.

>

>now we find out your information is the loser recruiting

>guru sites that have always convienently left slu off of

>recruiting talk. there was your mistake. i always taket

>the recruiting sites info with a grain of salt.

I'm not going solely off of internet sites. I know a lot of people who know him, but I'm not gonna be a stalker and ask every weeks who has offered him. I brought up the article, because it documented where his first offer came from. He was not offered his sophomore year. I dont think Mike Anderson will offer as stlsfinest said, not because I dont think he's worthy, but because they only have one scholarship available and will have Butterfield, Lawrence, Volkus, Grimes, Brown, Dandridge, along the frontline, but its possible.