Forget the credible source nonsense

>Marquette law heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy on

>Gregory too.....

You're a bitter, obsessed liar, SEMO. I never said anything of the sort. I didn't even live in St. Louis at the time the hire was made. Perhaps you have me confused with the former poster Pete13, who spoke with one of Gregory's coaching colleagues and reported that Gregory though he was getting the job (I've met him, he lives in STL again, he's legit)?

Oh to have Gregory though....

By the way, Rich, my law degree is from SLU, not Marquette. I got wait listed at Marquette law.

marquette law said,

"Oh to have Gregory though...."

yeah, his trend in wins at dayton, 24 to 18 to 14 last year, is something to strive for. just think now the roster is completely his and that next number on the progression chain is 12 wins. the fans have to be loving that.

>marquette law said,

>

>"Oh to have Gregory though...."

>

>yeah, his trend in wins at dayton, 24 to 18 to 14 last year,

>is something to strive for. just think now the roster is

>completely his and that next number on the progression chain

>is 12 wins. the fans have to be loving that.

Considering the youth of 2004-05 (7 freshmen) and injuries this past year that Dayton experienced....

Oh wait, that's just an excuse for SLU. Never mind.

From Ian in today's post. "I know there was a rumor going around. Greece has always been an option for me. It's going to be there. First, I want to try my luck over here. It wouldn't help me with my ultimate goal, which is next year to have a good chance of being drafted." It also says he said he never had any intention of returning home to Greece.

On UB ... "We just had a mutual understanding, if I wasn't drafted I wouldn't go, and he supported me 100 percent all the time. I was proud he came to Orlando with me. I guess he didn't want people promising stuff they couldn't deliver."

Yes ... it sounds like they have a horrible relationship.

Now TK is friends with Ian ... before he heard it from a friend. Sorry ... but I think it is clear the whole thing is BS.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

we had a one year bump and then back to a winning record.

the gregory factor shows a steady decline.

put it on a graph and look at it. surely it will become clearer to even a marquette grad then.

>we had a one year bump and then back to a winning record.

>

>the gregory factor shows a steady decline.

>

>put it on a graph and look at it. surely it will become

>clearer to even a marquette grad then.

Look at the circumstances. 7 freshmen one year, injury to best player and shady transfer of starting PG to Illinois right before teh season the next year with many player games missed due to injury. Can't argue with 24 wins and a NCAA appearance, as well as excellent recruiting classes with multiple top 100 players.

But then again, injuries and youth are only an excuse at SLU, right?

Volfan, it's treating me well. It sure does rain a lot!

Yeeeaaahhh.... So, why again should we wish we had Gregory?! If he was so much better, injuries shouldn't be a question. And don't forget we were about as young as you can get last year, but had a better record. Damn, I sure wish we had Gregory...

Didn't get into Marquette Law, eh? With all your pompous and arrogant statements on this board, I always thought you were some sort of genius. What a shame...

let's not lose sight that the 24 win season was with purnell's roster. as the roster becomes more and more gregory's it has went downhill each season.

>>we had a one year bump and then back to a winning record.

>>

>>the gregory factor shows a steady decline.

>>

>>put it on a graph and look at it. surely it will become

>>clearer to even a marquette grad then.

>

>Look at the circumstances. 7 freshmen one year, injury to

>best player and shady transfer of starting PG to Illinois

>right before teh season the next year with many player games

>missed due to injury. Can't argue with 24 wins and a NCAA

>appearance, as well as excellent recruiting classes with

>multiple top 100 players.

>

>But then again, injuries and youth are only an excuse at

>SLU, right?

>

>Volfan, it's treating me well. It sure does rain a lot!

I'm not saying Soderberg is the greatest, but I don't see where Gregory is so special. Gregory inherited a program that was in better shape than the one Brad took over. Oliver Purnell left him a talented experienced squad, and it's slowly gone down hill since. Brad on the other hand was left with a mess after Romar left and has things on the upswing.

Maybe we could have done better than Brad, but I don't think that means Gregory.

while i never felt the nba draft thing was going to happen, i always felt due to the level of insistency that tk wrote that maybe there was something to the supposed relationship rift accusation that would chase ian back to europe.

what gets me is that tk doesnt have the johnsons to man up to his mistake, come here and explain he is an idiot that made something from nothing and apologize not only to the board, but especially to coach soderberg, the billikens, saint louis university, the billiken fandom and most importantly to ian and ian's family and actual friends for his lies.

if there was ever an argument for stopping anonominity or at least patroling the posters to the point that steve actually knows a real e-mail address and ip address goes with one poster and there is not multiple id's registered, this is a great example of such.

>I could've sworn that was one of your "heard it from a guy"

>predictions. Not from a field box at Busch but from

>somewhere, some guy, some bubba around the campfire????

would have been hard to have heard anything in Milwaukee where SLU doesn't register on the local scene. I made no secret of my preference, but that was it.

I think it's clear now though that the entire thing was made up. There is no real source that is close to Ian.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

>My apologies, bad recollection on my part.....

Rich,

I'm not sure you have to apologize. Look at the comment from A-Bomb in BLaw's ratings. Somebody is lying.

The best Blaw story is when I think it was Steve who busted him for being on the Marquette board mocking Slu and in particular Polk. A few months later Polk went went out and beat "mighty" Marquette in Milwaukee.

>>My apologies, bad recollection on my part.....

>

>Rich,

>

>I'm not sure you have to apologize. Look at the comment from

>A-Bomb in BLaw's ratings. Somebody is lying.

>

>The best Blaw story is when I think it was Steve who busted

>him for being on the Marquette board mocking Slu and in

>particular Polk. A few months later Polk went went out and

>beat "mighty" Marquette in Milwaukee.

I said Polk wasn't as tall as he was listed. That's mocking him? He's 5-7 at best, just the facts (I also think he's being misused in this "offensive" system but it's ok for the Soderberg fluffers to rip him constantly - hypocrites!) Defending Reggie from a Soderberg defender, that must have been mocking him too, right? I've nver claimed "inside info" about SLU here, I have posted information in refute to inaccuracies posted about Crean and Marquette and it's all been 100% accurate.

Obsession and jealously knows no bounds here....

>>>My apologies, bad recollection on my part.....

>>

>>Rich,

>>

>>I'm not sure you have to apologize. Look at the comment from

>>A-Bomb in BLaw's ratings. Somebody is lying.

>>

>>The best Blaw story is when I think it was Steve who busted

>>him for being on the Marquette board mocking Slu and in

>>particular Polk. A few months later Polk went went out and

>>beat "mighty" Marquette in Milwaukee.

>

>I said Polk wasn't as tall as he was listed. That's mocking

>him? He's 5-7 at best, just the facts (I also think he's

>being misused in this "offensive" system but it's ok for the

>Soderberg fluffers to rip him constantly - hypocrites!)

>Defending Reggie from a Soderberg defender, that must have

>been mocking him too, right? I've nver claimed "inside

>info" about SLU here, I have posted information in refute to

>inaccuracies posted about Crean and Marquette and it's all

>been 100% accurate.

>

>Obsession and jealously knows no bounds here....

Jealous of what?

Obsession? Who is the fan of another team who is a regular on the BILLIKEN board?

i am amazed at the degree you have defended tk over the last couple of days and no sign of tk himself.

one thing is for sure, you are a better friend than what he deserves.

I wouldn't say I am really defending TKBilliken, I am defending his source. You all are discrediting some things he posted which happen to be true. I completely understand why you would do so seeing what TK has done to this point, but I do think if TKBilliken used his head he could actually provide us with some solid information on the program. Like I said his source is credible and would definitely be a benefit to have some of his insite posted on this board. However, I do see how you can say that TKBilliken's credibility is pretty much shot.