Tyus says his top 2 schools are..................

VTIME

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"While i can see the difference you are pointing out, i have a hard time swallowing the fact that you believe the BA has not meddled in gray areas"

My post was in response to the above statement. Perhaps you should drink a bit during the day..... It calms the nerves...... :P

The defenders of the status quo will never understand that SLU can be included for players that are going to Memphis. Why do all the Kool-Ais drinkers believe we can not be part of this process. This is the attitude that makes me mad about the posters who believe SLU can not do better than we are doing today. Somehow I believe if Romar was still here we would be involved in the Tyrus lottery.

Who said Larry Brown a cheater?

We should be going after the same players as Memphis and with the right coach we would.

marquettelaw, you are delusional to defend calipari imo.

if crean left tomorrow, would you welcome calipari at marquette?

as to massie, the semester he sat out is the semester he had the amazing academic achievement. i assume massie is now an instructor at MIT.

>Thankfully SLU will never be a "win at any cost" program.

>IF, and I'll stress the IF, Tyus and Stemler are drawn to

>the outlaw type programs, we don't want or need them. You

>can win withi the rules without being Duke. It's harder and

>it takes longer.......

it takes longer! when is it going to happen? Won't be in our lifetime. Maybe Brad has been breaking rules, but no one has reported him because its had no effect on the standings. Or maybe because our program isnt high profile enough to get investigated. Get off this high and mighty crap. If you want a consistent winner you have to bend or break the rules. I could understand if these were criminal laws you were breaking, those hurt people. Breaking an NCAA recruitng rule hurts no one. Coaches do it every year and every once in a while they get caught. It only becomes an issue if you start losing like Quin did. No one cares about the off the court stuff as long as you're winning. Are we in the business of winning or losing?

All of this talk about Calipari has caused me to look at Memphis since he has taken over. I cannot see where he has done anything but help that program. He is constantly on sports programs pushing the cith of Memphis and the Basketball program. He is graduating his players, He led the program to the elite eight last year, BTW Milt Wagner is still on the staff for those that thought that it was only going to be while his son was there. I can't see where he has done anything wrong, maybe most of you can see things I can't. I would love to have a coach going on national TV and pushing SLU and the city like he does.

>All of this talk about Calipari has caused me to look at

>Memphis since he has taken over. I cannot see where he has

>done anything but help that program. He is constantly on

>sports programs pushing the cith of Memphis and the

>Basketball program. He is graduating his players, He led

>the program to the elite eight last year, BTW Milt Wagner

>is still on the staff for those that thought that it was

>only going to be while his son was there. I can't see where

>he has done anything wrong, maybe most of you can see

>things I can't. I would love to have a coach going on

>national TV and pushing SLU and the city like he does.

I agree. Moving to the A10 conference was a huge mistake. The biggest rool SLU had recruiting wise was to give kids a chance to play in a high major school. Playing for SLU used to mean playing for a high major, now it doesnt. The A10 produces what, maybe one first round pick a year. In the last 4 years there was David West, Delonte West, Jameer Nelson, and this month there will be Mardy Collins. That's it. I hate say this, but across state a coach came in less than 3 months ago and in about 9 weeks signed 6 guys at a brand new program while Soderberg has been at SLU all year and signed 2 guys. SLU makes me so upset, from the administration allowing the conference change to the head coach's ineptness. I think I might be done posting here. This program is a headache.

If you really lack integrity, I wish you would find another program to root for. I wish you wouldn't post here. Furthermore, I'm ashamed that you "represent" black people here. Lastly, with your attitude, how can you have the audacity to have "Child of God" under your name in your profile?

thicks, are you saying that slu should have stayed in conference usa?

after marquette and depaul were leaving we had no schools left that could be called mirror institutions with good basketball programs (had to throw that in there for tulane's benefit), and conference usa losing cincy and louisville as well were no longer going to be considered a major conference as well. the cusa conference rpi was ranked below the a-10 last season and conference usa had uab and memphis to build on. that doesnt bode well for staying in that conference.

also, it appears from an other sports perspective, slu has instantly become far more competitive than they were in conference usa before.

while the a-10's men's basketball season as a whole was very disappointing last year, history tells us that the a-10 will be ok.

>If you really lack integrity, I wish you would find another

>program to root for. I wish you wouldn't post here.

>Furthermore, I'm ashamed that you "represent" black people

>here. Lastly, with your attitude, how can you have the

>audacity to have "Child of God" under your name in your

>profile?

What have I said that's ungodly? Excuse me for wanting more from the program than what it currently is. People have used this integrity and grades excuses for years on why SLU isnt competing. If a kid gets in to Duke or Memphis, they are also eligible at SLU. SLU is no different as far as scholarship eligibility. Integrity + Soderberg + NIT. Thicks, what do you do to represent black people so much better than me? I'm not on here to represent black people. I'm here to represent myself. I try to keep racial stuff off of this board although I could bring out some comments I've been keeping inside for a long time. I represnt myself and community well. I'm an example of what a black kid is supposed to do. Go to college, stay out of trouble, be active in positive organizations like sports and student government, do community service under a prominent politician. I've done nothing to embarrass black people.

>thicks, are you saying that slu should have stayed in

>conference usa?

How could you think I'd written the post you responded to? Did my calling you "Mr. Super-blue Billiken Defender" offend you so much that you would insult me by confusing me with vtime, who condones cheating? Roy, I'm truly hurt. ;-)

>What have I said that's ungodly? Excuse me for wanting more

>from the program than what it currently is. People have

>used this integrity and grades excuses for years on why SLU

>isnt competing. If a kid gets in to Duke or Memphis, they

>are also eligible at SLU. SLU is no different as far as

>scholarship eligibility. Integrity + Soderberg + NIT.

>Thicks, what do you do to represent black people so much

>better than me? I'm not on here to represent black people.

>I'm here to represent myself. I try to keep racial stuff

>off of this board although I could bring out some comments

>I've been keeping inside for a long time. I represnt myself

>and community well. I'm an example of what a black kid is

>supposed to do. Go to college, stay out of trouble, be

>active in positive organizations like sports and student

>government, do community service under a prominent

>politician. I've done nothing to embarrass black people.

What you've said that's ungodly is that SLU ought to cheat if that's what it takes to win.

I'm not attempting to "represent" black people or "blackness" on this board at all. I rarely refer to race at all, though I have occasionally expressed my viewpoint as a black man and been criticized for it. I also never have any stereotypically black signatures in my posts, but at times you've quoted rap artists. I could be wrong, but my feeling is that you've done more to promote your ethnicity than I've ever done, and I've been here much longer.

Jesus said that out of the treasure of the heart the mouth speaks, and He also said that a good tree cannot produce bad fruit. How can a person truly be representing himself and his community well if he condones cheating?

You may not feel embarrassed right now, but you're young and you'll learn. (What's that maxim about being liberal while young and conservative when old -- I'm sure Rich could help me out with that?) I hope you'll learn.

>marquettelaw, you are delusional to defend calipari imo.

>

>if crean left tomorrow, would you welcome calipari at

>marquette?

>

>as to massie, the semester he sat out is the semester he had

>the amazing academic achievement. i assume massie is now an

>instructor at MIT.

Roy, can you please refer me to the violations Cal has been found guilty of by the NCAA. Articles would be helpful. You see, us lawyers operate with a little thing called proof, and unless there is actually evidence that a crime has been committed (be it physical or circumstantial) someone has not yet earned the title of "scum." It's what we were taught at SLU Law (which I attended and graduated from after being wait-listed at Marquette law).

Would I welcome Cal at Marquette or SLU? Probably not, but I'd take him before I took Quin, Sampson, Eddie Sutton, Steve Fisher, Jim Harrick, and Dave Bliss (those are guys who have earned the "scum" title).

But what the hell, let's keep making excuses for recruiting misses by making up reasons a kid didn't choose SLU instead of looking at real reasons why a kid didn't choose SLU and seeing what can be done to correct them. It's what people here seem to do best. Everyone but SLU is dirty (according to a post above the coaches believe that, though I doubt that is the case) and if a kid chooses to go elsewhere he was probably paid off by scum, right?

Please note, there are circumstances where a recruiting miss does occur due to illegal or dodgy activities (look at what Huggins is doing).

VTime, you have really hit an all time low. As Thicks suggests, if you really do think we need to cheat to win, then you need to find a different program to follow. One of the things i pride myself on as a Bills fan is that we do stuff by the books. We ARE a clean program. Nobody takes notice because we are little??? How do you explain the St. Boneventure fiasco? And I really can't believe you condone cheating after what happened to your boy Quinn down the road. If that's what you want for this university, you need to go elsewhere because you're ideals and SLU ideals are vastly different.