p diddy

First off, the Mid-Continent refers to Valpo, a tough team that is in a conference that allows it to gain a national stage for its basketball program. SLU and Valpo are vastly different institutions, but I think that Valpo has a pretty good deal going because of the conference they are in. SLU does not have a good deal going? When was the last time we won a regular season conference title?

Second, this team lacks that talent at this time to be considered a Top 25 team. Unless we can get the talent, perhaps in the form of Top 50-75 player, then yes, I think we need to consider how competitive the SLU program can be compared to other top programs. Competitive is not just playing Marquette or Concinnati tough, it is beating them once a year. It is winning a conference championship or maybe even coming in second.

A team that does not have the talent to compete with the top tier of teams is better suited to a league that they are more competitive in. Is that the Mid-Cont.? No, but it may be the Valley.

The bottom line is that we not not as of now have the talent on this team to be a regular Top 25 program. I hope we get that talent.

but those 7 or 8 imo are better all around players than the billikens 7 or 8 imo. that is what i am talking about when i say depth.

Wow, I certainly didn't think that my one question would lead to this kind of debate. Keep in mind though, I never said we WOULD definitely be a Top 25 team, I asked if you guys thought we COULD be a Top 25 team IF we landed a player like Liddell or Burns? I agreee that we would probably need one more star player to take us over the top, but I figured that Liddell or Burns would be that type of player. Especially Liddell after all the stuff I've heard about him. Of course he has to get eligible first before we can even think of him being a Billiken. I do admit that I am an optimist, but I don't think that thinking the Bills can at least go to the Tourney in 2005 is out of the question. Although, I also admit that we need to see what kind of players Brad has brought in for this year before we get too overly optimistic. I'm very happy with what Brad's done so far though.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

3 star, if we want to look at a player that could turn into a duane wade/larry hughes liddell might be it. i was extremely impressed with tommie this summer. the other hidden talent imo is arthur sargent at west. my gosh he has huge talent. but i continue to hear he is a problem for coach schmidt. now maybe that is something between the two of them, i dont know, but i am saying arthur might be the breakout player of the area this winter. the fact he will benefit from jb and x man taking the focus off of him really might give him the room to explode. rememeber, wade somewhat was a surprise. everyone knew he was talented, but no one thought he was the player he turned out to be.