Soccer Rankings

Another good site is uscaa.com

I was pleased to see SLU jump from #16 to #9 in college soccer news after the first week of play. They do have a very tough schedule this year and particularly the first 2 weeks of the season - ranked teams and on the road.

Here are the details. See the SLU site for more info. As you can see, the times are central time.

9/1/03

Billikens Face Top 20 Foes at Furman Classic

Saint Louis (2-0-0) stays on the road for its second consecutive weekend to play in Furman's Soccer Classic. The Billikens take on No. 9 Clemson on Fri., Sept. 5 at 4 p.m. (CT) at Eugene Stone III Soccer Stadium in Greenville, S.C. The Bills challenge the host 14th-ranked Paladins on Sun., Sept. 7 at 1:30 p.m. (CT).

Clemson Fan, I live in Hendersonville, NC which is just across the SC/NC line from Greenville. Furman is located on the north side of Greenville just off route 25. This makes it about 45 minutes from my house. If you are coming from Clemson, just take route 25 north from I-85. Should take you no more then an hour.

I plan to be at both games this weekend.

Taj, you are right youth can be very inconsistent. John D and Graziers time on the U17 team should help them be a little more prepared than the others.

For example in the 2 gsmes I saw ... the difference in Will John was huge. In the first game he was very confident with the ball and attacked well. In the second game against a stronger opponent he was still pretty slick with the ball but did not distribute or attack himself as well.

I think John D will help him a lot as he will give him a more consistent outlet. John D will also hold the ball a little better and open things up for Vedad.

This weekend will tell a lot. If they can beat or tie Clemson and get a win with Furman ... we will only get better as the year progresses.

I hope some of the Billiken fans in the area go to the game and give us a good report back

thanks for the info. in case you ever want to make it out to clemson i usually take 25 to 123 (if i'm coming from furman) and it only takes me 30-45 minutes (i've got it clocked, my best friend is at furman). anyway, i should be making it down on friday for the slu v. clemson game. i haven't caught a men's game yet this year, although i have seen our women's team (also in the top 25) play, so i'm excited to see them especially against slu in this quality of a game.