matt shaw

bills16

saw this on the ill st. board.

Group: Members

Posted: Aug. 06 2003,08:50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- the following post was taken from a message board on highschool elite. hopefully it is not true because i think matt shaw would be a good pick up for us. but i guess we will see.

"I'am the head of the booster club at Centralia & Matt told me that he had chosen 4 schools 1. Creighton 2. Sou. Ill. 3. S.W. MO. ST. 4. Marquette."

Here is the page where you can find that Illinois State post. http://www.redbirdfan.com/cgi-bin/ikonboar...ffff;act=SF;f=8 (The link won't work because of the semicolons, and you'll have to select and copy the address and paste it into your address bar. The page is a child frame of www.redbirdfan.com.)

If you ever want to access team messageboards and official sites, one place to go is Workman Poll (http://workmanpoll.cnchost.com/othermbs.shtml ).

Seems kind of hard to believe that he would have SMS on his list over SLU with an offer on the table. If there is any truth to this, I can understand his interest in the other three programs, although playing time at Marquette might be hard to come by.

Marquette is searching for a PF for their last scholarship. They lose Merritt this year and Jackson (JUCO) the year after that. They will only have 1 other legit PF, incoming freshman James Matthews, remaining after 2004-05. Shaw, if he's legit, could definitely get significant playing time at MU.