Bryant over Clarke?

because bryant is more experienced and was higher acclaimed out of high school. i would be thrilled if clarke turns out to be bryant's equal or better.

Was Bryant highly acclaimed out of high school? I thought that he went to prep school because there was little interest in him out of high school. He was on the dean's list and honor roll in high school, so I don't think he went to prep school for academic reasons.

Clarke, on the other hand, made at least one top 100 list out of high school.

All that being said, I believe that Bryant will be the superior player this season. Reggie has already averaged double figures for a team that was in and out of the top 25 and is physically and mentally a more developed player than Darren. I also wouldn't worry about Bryant having "issues"; Coach Brad has commented on more than one ocassion that Reggie works hard in both the classroom and on the court. He left Villanova because he felt that Villanova's offense didn't suit his abilities.

If Darren plays more than Reggie this season, then it (a) is a great news because Darren is way better than anyone expected or (:) is terrible news because it means Reggie is hurt.

I think that Bryant went from Calvert Hall High School in Baltimore straight to Villanova without spending an extra year in a prep school. I don't think that he was all that acclaimed coming out of high school, but I remember seeing in Athlon's preseason magazine that Steve Lappas thought that Reggie was a sleeper for them.

Who ranked Darren Clarke in the top 100? I have seen from the high 100s to well into the 200s. I don't really put much stock in the rankings but just interested to see who thought of him so highly.

You are incorrect.

See: http://slubillikens.ocsn.com/sports/m-bask...t_reggie00.html

Reggie spent one year at Thomas More Prep after high school.

See also:

http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/brick_o...r/20000228.html (Reggie was ranked 131 in the country after his fifth year of high school.)