Influence of Tommie's decision

What great news or "speculation" til we get the official announcement, from what I hear this could be the superstar player SLU has been unable to land in several years. My question I guess is to the local HS gurus...how big of a part do you think Polk/Meyer or the talk of landing Shaw has played with landing Tommie? And to ask another one, do you think the addition of Tommie could land us a bigger name PF HS recruit even more than Shaw? Also, I'm sure this new palace we are about to construct had to have had some appeal to these kids.

Liddell does not have enough national recognition right now to attract other non-local recruits. I believe Shaw is more concerned with what is best for his education than if Liddell or anybody goes to SLU. If SLU is his best choice for education he will pick us.

Now when Liddell starts lighting up teams at Savvis for the Bills, he will start attracting better recruits to play with them. I don't think any of the local recruits so far have much of a connection. Liddell, Polk, and Meyer all play for different AAU teams.

There seems to be an underhanded consensus or implication here that Shaw is the fourth and final piece. Why has that evolved? Don't get me wrong, I don't know Matt from Adam but wasn't there talk of some Evans kid along with the old Grimes discussions and others in the recent past. I also know we keep adding the JUCOs Polk and Gray into the mix every now and then. Why has the trend been to identify Shaw as the fourth one here?

a couple of internet sites show that draleon burns from milwaukee also has a pending offer from slu. was that recinded when meyer verballed?

>question I guess is to the local HS gurus...how big of a

>part do you think Polk/Meyer or the talk of landing Shaw has

>played with landing Tommie.

I'm of the opinion that the landing of the 2 local players had

very little to do with Tommie's decision. I think most of the

credit should go to Coach Soderberg and Staff. Soderberg was really

dogged in his pursuit of Tommie. Tommie had received mail from just

about every major program in the country, but none of them compared to Soderberg. Most of his letter were handwritten as well as he was the

only one who made sincere inquiries into Tommie's academic progress.

Besides all of that SLU offered the unique situation were he could

immediately step in and contribute, provided that he works hard on and off the court.