curtis muse

jjray

The one PF from the class of 2004 out there in the metro area who has the physical skills we are looking for is 6'9" Curtis Muse from Vashon. He transfered from Riverview last year and was not eligible for the first semester I believe which somewhat lowered his profile.

http://www.eteamz.com/SAINTLOUISFALCONSBBA...rt=2&id=2649562

I've never heard SLU mentioned as recruiting Muse and I have wondered whether acedemics is the reasons. Anybody have insights on Muse?

it would be interesting to know why there is zero buzz about curtis. i mean he is big and reportedly athletic. the schools should be lined up.

Curtis attended Nike Camp last summer, but I have not seen him listed on anyone's player rankings. His high school statistics last season were not eye-popping. I have never seen him play, but he is not considered a great prospect out of high school. I suspect that he will spend a couple years in juco.

david, you just dont sign up and attend the nike camp. there has to be something there. i agree we hear nothing, is it academic distress?

>Curtis attended Nike Camp last summer, but I have not seen

>him listed on anyone's player rankings. His high school

>statistics last season were not eye-popping. I have never

>seen him play, but he is not considered a great prospect out

>of high school. I suspect that he will spend a couple years

>in juco.

He did not play the first semester last year which does not leave too many games to integrate into the team and game tempo upon his return. Even still, I would have thought there would be suitors for his services based upon physical skills alone so I am wondering what his situation is.

I don't have as much info as others but Muse at the Nike camp turned alot of heads. He was one of the surprises of the camp and played really well. Other than though he hasn't got much exposure to get on anyone's rankings.

I know he was not eligible for some length of time at Riverview because of grades. Then he transferred and was out again until the second semester. Muse will definetly be the area's second best big men going into the season and surely will get on some people's radar. He is skinny, but not soft needs to work on his offense a little but is a good shot blocker. I think he has some mid-major interest but surely if his grades were in better shape he would be getting talked about alot more.

I need to correct my earlier e-mail. Muse was ranked by one publication as the 44st best senior at Nike Camp. http://kansas.theinsiders.com/2/120617.html

Hoopscoop described him as follows: "Muse is a raw athlete, but he plays fairly hard and, at 6'9, he's intriguing." http://www.hoopscooponline.com/members/hot-may2003-6400.html