Is it just me or my computer???......

I made one small change this week to how the Archives are dealt with because of disk space issues, but that shouldn't affect how the board is running for current topics.

We had that wierd link problem earlier this week, and now complaints of slowness. I honestly haven't noticed any difference.

I will tinker some, but I don't know of a solution right now. Others let me know if you have slowness so I know how big of a problem this is.

However, I do want to forewarn people , the message board may go down for up to a week this summer. I am reworking the web site again (I do it every two years). I really like the LOOK of Billikens.com now, but the back infrastructure is pretty archaic.

Also, we will be switching servers this summer during that week. We had problems last time, but I made a security mistake regarding a file, and it will NOT happen again.

Finally, I will probably do another fundraiser this June/July. I still have $100 from the last one, but we are going to upgrade message boards (This script is ANCIENT). I don't know which board yet, but it will likely be the newest version of this board or a more professional board. Billikens.com traffic was higher than ever this past season, and even this April the traffic is up compared to past years. I am personally stunned, but hey, all the better. I really don't want to throw ads on this site, and I don't personally profit from it. However, it does cost some money to operate, and three years ago the members of Billikens.com were very generous. We have a good community here (most of the time ;) ), so let's keep it going.

Steve

I checked out the website for the first time in a few weeks earlier this week. That is the first time I noticed there was a new message board......and that is when I noticed it being VERY slow in opening up postings. It's the same on my home computer and my work/office computer.

I'm sorry to be flippant and that you are having trouble. It isn't a "new board" though performance is down somewhat. Seriously, if it's taking you thirty seconds to open this site, and you've got a high speed cable connection you need to "roto-rooter" your Charter Pipeline or replace/upgrade/fix your "out house" of a computer....

I admitedly have no problems at all. I have e-mailed the web hosting company, but they may not respond until Monday. I will run further maintenence on the board tonight. However, these two weeks are finals time for me, and Billikens.com is extremely low on priorities I am sorry to say.

I apologize that there are problems.

Steve

I was the one who said it took sometimes up to 30 seconds to load a page. I did not say it did it everytime - but it has been significantly slower consistently for me. I have broadband so I am not the problem. I am sure it is an issue with the host server for whatever the reason. 5 seconds is something you could live with but not the times in between. For those of you not having trouble good for you the rest of us will just deal with it.