49ers may loose beasley

i think they recently got a verbal from the mississippi poy as well. i wonder if that is going to go out the window as well.

I have to agree there.

I don't like this type of move. All Huggins, or anyone else has to do, is identify who has an in with a player, offer them more money than their current job, and the player comes too. Eventually you may run out of jobs or titles you can bestow on people but that is the least of worries.

It still is very legal.

Don't kick yourselves now for not hiring huggs, Tiger fans. This type of stuff isn't worth it.

wins it all this year. We all know this stuff goes on at every BCS school. Sounds kind of like it went on at Charlotte with both Iti and now Beasely. Feel bad for Lutz, especially since he was Hugs supposed friend, but hey, live by the sword die by the sword.

there was an inteesting article in this past sunday's des moines register about how iowa state pursued greg mcdermott. the article said that isu interviewed mac in iowa city on a sunday. when the interview was over, mac drove to chicago and interviewed with k-state, meanwhile isu's ad drove to madison, wisconsin and stayed with bo ryan at his home and interviewed jeter at ryan's home on monday.mac was called after the jeter interview and was told we want you at iowa st. mac told isu i have two job offers with one being from isu and the other from k-state. after speaking with his wife, mac takes the isu offer.

this was the only story i've seen that said that k-state offered mac their job or the only place that i've seen that he had even interviewed for the k-state job.

i'll see if the story is on-line.

what is really ugly is that lutz really went to bat for huggins when the whole firing was going down. lutz even attended and spoke at the huggins roast where it was open season on the cincy president. how does huggins thank lutz? steals his top recruiting assistant and liklely the best recruit ever committed to charlotte. huggins should burn in hell.

..no honor among thieves, Broy. From the article, Lutz basically did the same thing with the AAU coach...hired him to get Beasley. But Huggy indeed stabbed a friend in the back. Wouldn't imagine you'd see Charlotte playing KSU anytime soon. If this comes to pass, Hugs is going to have a powerhouse at KSU almost overnight, with Mayo and Walker coming the following year....It's truly amazing how quickly in college hoops some schools can go from the basement to the penthouse in a very short period of time.

i am betting lutz really will make a run at the nc state job and then i guess it is moot if he gets that.

i am not sure how sendek betters himself with asu over nc state, however i guess he is tired of fighting for third place each year.

Sendek, was on the way out at NCS, according to a lot of the NCS alumni here. So he took it an ran. They are saying Barnes from TX wants back to the ACC pressure cooker. I told 'em they're smoking crack. How can NCS be a better job than TX?

barnes has the concensus next best after oden player coming next year. plus if alridge comes back....... cant see it.

I agree that going to ASU from NC State is a lateral move at best for Sendek, but everything I've heard over the last few years has led me to believe that Sendek was never really given a fair shake by NC State fans. Assuming that is the case, he sees another job and takes it so he doesn't have to deal with the Wolfpack fans anymore.