Luke Meyer...

Nate Latsch

still his disappointment comes with a logical excuse. floyd was forever hampered with legitimate injuries. edwin had no excuse except no heart.

fyi to all here is a link with the rundown of jason's season to date at kent state. apparently his heart hasnt grown any.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=4552

At a Billiken Club meeting earlier this year, Brad insinuated that DD didn't care much for rebounding. How can a basketball player have great "heart" if he doesn't like to rebound--perhaps the one basketball skill that is measured by "heart."

Drew was a lackadaisical elbow throwing perimeter only knucklehead. Defense? Rebounding? He had a consistant, slow, three point shot. He wouldn't shoot inside the arc ever. I used to wonder why he ever bothered cutting into the lane. The only reason was to stand outside the three point arc other side of the court. I disparage Ross's recruitment far more than I do Ross himself. By the way Ross is this years Deiner! He'll come in and better Deiner by playing servicable D and then nail a three once in a while.

>injuries don't equate to poor performance on the court...

Issue was greatest "disappoint". Disappoint means expectation at start of career v. returned performance on the court. This is why I vote for McClain. Now if we are talking about "inexplicable disappoints", Jason is the runaway favorite in that category. ... OK, a bit pedantic but that is how I interpret the plain meaning of the words.

good post and with that view, i have to agree with you. we all heard coach romar tell us countless times floyd was the best athlete on the team. so from that view, injuries or not, he would have been the biggest disappointment. i cant argue with that.