Zero heart

VTIME

He was fired because he proved to be incompetent. Ron was not a D-1 HC and it did not take SLU long to figure it out. By the way, no other D-1 program came knocking on his door after SLU gave him his walking papers.

papal Ron Coleman'sw salary was about $20,000 for his only year as coqch. He was with his wife who was in labor the day of national letters of intent. Stipo was torn between going to SLU or Mizzou. Had he come to SLU Ron Coleman may have been judged differently. As regards to our current coach, I can't help but compare him to Spoon. I rarely felt that Spoon wa outcoached. I am sorry to say I don't feel that way about Brad.

given a second thought then, so that doesn't surprise me or speak to his competency level. Now I'm curious about Albrecht. Was he ever a Billiken coach?

Now Coleman came after Ekker, who ABSOLUTELY ran down the program. By the way, Ekker is still a coach in the NBA.

Nope, Coleman was before Ekker. AJ, this happened years ago not yesterday. There were a lot of issues involved that Ron was confronted with and he had no answers. My memory was that there were more than just Frazier that had grade problems. There were issues with his recruiting of the incoming class...Ron was a bad choice in the first place, and no one came knocking on his door after SLU.

This list probably qualifies you for the "Idiot post of the year" award. There was intense pressure on the voters to vote for 'Phan, but I believe you took the lead with this incredible list. Your first suggestion (by the way, way to bury your real and only suggestion, the classless FI, in the middle of your list--very cleaver) is probably not going to accept the job, but I hear Dean Smith, the senior John Thompson, and Denny Crum might be interested-also how about that former coach who won a few NCAA titles at UCLA-maybe he might want to start over at age 90+.

It is obvious that you have some knowledge of basketball and the local scene-just not as much as you think you have. I would like to suggest that you learn how to think first and post later.

By the way, how did you miss our on going to the "V"? I would think you would identify yourself as NTIME or HSTIME.

I was a Senior in high school at Quincy Notre Dame when Ron Coleman coached his one year at SLU. SLU invited me to a weekend campus visit, and I actually saw one of SLU's 7 victories under Coleman, a win on a Saturday night at Kiel Auditorium over Tulane. That was my first Billiken game, and I will never forget it.

SLU put me up for the weekend on 5 Clemens, and Ricky Frazier's room was right across the hall. I remember he was up playing his loud music most of that Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Anyway, although I'm not sure, I presume Frazier was a Coleman recruit. My understanding is that SLU hired Frazier's high school coach from Charleston, MO as an assistant coach at SLU. Frazier was Metro Conference Freshman of the Year in his one year at SLU, but was gone after that one year for Mizzou, and Coleman was fired. I don't know the reasons for Coleman's dismissal.

Ron Coleman was preceded as SLU Coach by Randy Albrecht. Coleman was followed by the regrettable Ron Ekker. Ekker is still active as an assistant coach with the Orlando Magic in the NBA.

ian, tommy, kevin and anthony all averaged 30 mpg. the next highest was dwayne with 20 and then luke and danny at 16. i.e. there is obviously a BIG drop in player expectations and coach confidence after we got past the top 4 players. and to be honest, it is obviously well based.

that for many college basketball players, who have graduated from Mizzou, SLU, and other NCAA players. Frazier was given an opportunity and didn't take advantage of it, but the fans and university obviously profited from his presence.