Another differentiating factor MVC vs A10

whatsasaluki,

congrats on winning the mvc tournament. I think the valley should get five teams in the big dance this year.

but one thing. you should not be allowed on this board anymore because you are a coward. you talked smack on this board about our little program, then you disappeared for nearly four months after the salukis took their whipping in savvis from the billikens.

this is your first post on this board since the SLU/SIU game and conviently, it came after SIU wins the tournament. You were nowhere to be found on this board after that beating you took.

To me, that's the true definition of a punka**

Any post from this sniveling (sp?) should be deleted immediately because he did not show up to face the music after the SLU/SIU game, but now he shows up?

We may not win the A 10, but there's one thing for sure. We Punk'd the top program in the Valley. your program.

bad boyz for life

>wait ... not one makes the top 120 list.

>

>http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/r...tudoc_brief.php

Before you post about rankings, you should understand them--and the Carnegie classifications on which the categories are based.

Take a look at the Midwest Master's category. The MVC is well represented in the top ten.

There's also a Liberal Arts ranking. It includes schools such as Williams, Carleton, and Grinnell. How does your academic reputation stack up against them?

The national universities list is for schools offering doctorates. Creighton and Drake didn't throw together a couple of Ph D. programs so they could be within 80 names of Harvard.

If I had chosen to attend a Jesuit school (wild horses couldn't have dragged me), I would have picked Creighton over St. Louis.

>If I had chosen to attend a Jesuit school (wild horses

>couldn't have dragged me), I would have picked Creighton

>over St. Louis.

Yeah...Omaha is a great joint...much better than St Louis...or Des Moines...give me abreak.

You make good points about the listings. For the most part, the MVC schools just aren't on the national level of SLU. They're more regional joints.

Good work going 5-13 in conference too. Get lost, and take "Doctor" Tom with you, that loser.

"If I had chosen to attend a Jesuit school (wild horses couldn't have dragged me), I would have picked Creighton over St. Louis."

That's your prerogative. Schools such as SLU, Creighton, Xavier, Marquette, Loyola, etc. are all very comparable. Drake and Bradley are comparable to these schools as well.