Bring back the beer belly

Since we have a few days of down time before we shock the world and bring home the A-10 title, I wanted to discuss something that has been eating at me since Debbie Yow gave in to PC and stole the true soul of the Billiken. Why on earth is Billiken skinny? Anyone who knows anything about Billiken history knows that Billikens are supposed to be fat. I never understood why there was not more of an outcry when the beer gut was removed from the Billiken. The damn mascot looks silly as it is. The school seems to be using more "face only" images and I pray to all that is good that at the very least the billiken face makes it's way to center court at the new arena because if the skinny bill from Savvis ends up there it will be a travesty. Can't the Blue Crew start a revolt? I remember selling t-shirts while I was on campus with the fat billy on them and they were a hit! People loved them. Am I the only one who feels this way? Is there something that can be done? BRING BACK THE BEER GUT. Our school mascot deserves some personality instead of looking like Mr. Peanut.

I agree. We have a unique mascot that no other University has and what do we do? We take away it's personality and make it more generic. Shameful. We need to make CL aware of this travesty and convince her to make it right! If anyone has the image of the chubby bill twirling the basketball on his finger, please post it and let's make this the official begining of the "Bring back the belly" campaign!

i am not against positive change or progress by any means....but the old mascot imo was superior to the current

i hope i do not see my fellow ticket holders at the family arena over the next couple of weeks as that means we won 3 in a row!!!!!

count my in for the old look. Althought the Billiken just wore some padded grey sweats that I remember. The 21st century belly should be a more shiney fat suit like you see in the movies now. Put him in some baggy shorts and a home jersey with his name on the back.

Finally I have someone seeing things my way! I've been a proponent of the old-school Billiken since my early days at SLU. The Billiken was always kind of a role model for me.. fat and sitting on it's hind end- yet still sexy enough for a starring role as a statue on campus.

I want to be the Billiken. Not the skinny muscular cocaine crazed "billikin" we have now, but the real thing.