Tommie A-10 ROY / Ian first team and most improved

i would have had lisch on the all defensive team as well and probably liddell and maybe lisch as well should have also garnered at least honorable mention all conference as well as their all rookie team status. but all in all good showing for the billikens

Is this for basketball or football? I'm confused, why are there 11 names on the first and second teams? I thought you could only play 5 at a time.

Is it because a team can be up to 15 players? Then why shorten the list to 11? I can see honoring the guys riding the pine, but this list makes no sense to me.

Just pick the best 5!!

as much as i love kevin lisch, he isnt tommie liddell. liddell has been consistently outstanding from day one. really only had that one bad game. lisch didnt really get cranked up until after the first week of january. tommie deserves the rookie of the year all by himself.

as much as i love kevin lisch, he isnt tommie liddell.

liddell has been consistently outstanding from day one.

really only had that one bad game. lisch didnt really get

cranked up until after the first week of january. tommie

deserves the rookie of the year all by himself.

Although I'm very proud of Tommie, I don't care when Lisch cranked it up as you say. All I know is since being named a starter Lisch has been virtually unstoppable. That production should be recognized, hopefully teamwise Lisch will be honored.

the A-10 has been doing this all year as their pre-season first team included 10 players, there were multiple weeks where two players of the week or rookies of the week were named.

They do this because in each respective city it will be reported that a certain teams' player received 1st team status and it presumably follows that it excites the casual fans of the program. I haven't listened to 590 today but I'm sure Ian's 1st team status has been widely reported. The average fan assumes this means he was one of the top 5 players, while we here know it was only top 10. Maybe next year when we are trying to sell season tickets the Billiken marketers will push the fact that we have a 1st teamer returning, the rookie of the year, etc. It has a slightly better ring than we return a 2nd team A-10 player.

Its basically grade inflation for basketball awards.