11 of 19 from three...

that's the game right there. Analyze anything else you want. We weren't guarding the perimeter well, especially early in the game, and they were hitting their shots.

It took a good 12 minutes for us to realize we were going to have a fight on our hands tonight, and they still got a lot of open looks. In my opinion, this was one of the worst, if not THE worst defensive effort I have seen from this team

This begs the question of why must we always be in the pack

defense. Several times we doubled to help Ian and they

passed out for open 3's.Ian doesn't need help,certainly not

against Dayton.

Exactly, Tommie had a play where he left a shooter to help out down low. The post player recognized this error, hit the player with a nice pass, result 3 pointer. I'm thinking wtf are you doing Tommie.

Tommie's head was not in this game. Probably the most least aggressive game he has played this year when you consider the importance of the Dayton game. Had a layup blocked because he not only didn't go strong to the basket, but gift wrapped it to the defender by attempting a left-handed layup. Had a breakaway dunk, but for some inexplicable reason he made a lateral pass to Kevin Lisch, which Lisch missed, Dayton rebounds and comes right back and scores. 4 point turnaround. Although he did make a circus shot with the reverse layup, he seemed too intent on taking the path of least resistance.

We should have switched to a zone. I don't know why we don't have multiple defenses. Yes the Bills can play in your face defense, and when the other team is not hitting their shots from the outside, it works great. But in a game where the other team hits 11-19 from 3, you need to switch it up. If you notice the Bills never get too many good looks from 3 when the other team zones us.

Also what other play could we have ran with 5.9 seconds left? Tyus Edny drove to the hope with less time then that. Isn't this how the last Dayton game ended, with Lisch taking the last 3, maybe he should have been a decoy?

We still can get second, no time to feel blue. Charlotte has to go to GW to win, that should not happen, and the Bills play hard on the road, so head up, GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you on Tommie ... I said the same thing after the game. The pass to KL was silly. You can take unselfish to far. He also went for a reverse in the second half that he missed (right after his falling shot) he had the short side open he was just showboating. I also thought he was slow closing.

With that said ... I see no reason to stay in the pack against a team like Dayton. We need other options. I'd like to see us go man once in a while. With Kevin, AD and Dwayne when he is in harrassing the hell out of their guards we are going to create some turnovers and make the entry inside hard.

Also why do most teams seem to screen better than us.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

the defense that i would like to see us utilize more was our gonzaga gimmick defense. why when so many of the a-10 teams seem to be one or two shooters and that is it, dont we play triangle or box occasionally. for the guy that wanted to play the zone last night, you know what, a triangle and two with kevin and polk or drejaj guarding scott and roberts would have probably really messed with them. especially considering that little and plummer were fairly successful driving to the basket but not shooting.

Wzup Kenny,I asked one of the coaches was Tommie supposed to be doubling,he said yes.Why they were told to double,I dont know,it didnt look like Ian needed help to me.When Tommie has a bad night of shooting he gets passive,thats why he passed up the dunk,and passed it to Kevin.Tommie needs to be aggressive from the start of the game,not the second half.

Sorry to take so long in answering your post, but I needed the time away as I was a bit critical of Tommie. Its just that I hold your son to a higher standard. It has been that way since his sophmore year of high school. He is far too skilled to make some of the decisions he made vs Dayton. He and Kevin have developed a reputation around the A-10 and guys are starting to gun for them. Tommie needs to be ready for that challenge from this point on out.

I don't have a problem with Tommie getting his shot blocked, but it was in the manner it happened. He didn't go strong to the basket. Tommie has been aggressively dunking the ball since his sophmore year of high school. I would rather he attempted a dunk, at least that way he may have drawn enough contact for the ref to call a foul. If you noticed after that weak effort, the officials did not give Tommie the benefit of the doubt on any questionable call from that point on. Officials reward aggressive play, Tommie needs to understand that.

It's fine when Tommie goes out and scores 10-13 points and grabs 8-10 rebounds, but you know and I know that Tommie has the ability to do so much more. Again I know that I'm being too hard, but as I'm apt to say "To Whom Much Is Given, Much Is Required".

"I agree with you on Tommie ... I said the same thing after

the game. The pass to KL was silly. You can take unselfish

to far. He also went for a reverse in the second half that

he missed (right after his falling shot) he had the short

side open he was just showboating. I also thought he was

slow closing".

I don't agree on the showboating, I think he was trying to avoid contact, hence my path to least resistance comment. If he were in a showboating mood he would have done some highlight reel dunk on the breakaway. There are some games where Tommie is too intent on getting others involved. I like to compare Tommie and Lisch in the regard that if Coach Soderberg were to tell Tommie he needs a 20 point game in order for SLU to win a particular game, Tommie would score 13 points and get around 6 to 7 assists, whereas if he told Kevin the same thing, Lisch would go out and score 25 points. He needs to get away from that thinking. Stop trying to manage the game and just go out and play.