Sportsline on Snyder

davidnark

the guy was actually being kind. no mention of the act test rumors with bryant, mckinney and paulding. no mention of the 10 players who have left the team on their way during his stay as the tiger head coach, no mention of brian mcbride illegal visits. i just dont understand why these reporters cant give the whole picture.

I think these are all valid points. Quin HAS had sketchy things happen under his reign as head coach. And that does hurt his credibility. Of course it does. It does nothing to help it, obviously. As far as I know, the NCAA doesn't rule on credibility, however. It's funny how you ignore Ricky Clemon's lack of credibility, but are quick to harp on quin's. If the NCAA rules based on credibility, than these tapes aren't going to damage mizzou whatsoever- but the NCAA takes in other factors. If anything, Quin's credibility will hurt him in the public eye.

But until the NCAA rules on the matter, we'll be caught up in this quagmire of "who has the least credibility, and who's lying?"

Definitely. Did you see the recently released article from the columbia tribune?

All that ###### she said I bought with the money they gave me, she paid for all that ######," Clemons said.

"My aunt, my man that sold dope in North Carolina and my scholarship money - that’s all my money in the bank. That’s all that is. I didn’t have to pay for ######. He was sending me $300 maybe every three weeks or every month or something. My aunt would buy anything I needed. She came down and bought it or sent me a check. And my scholarship money was $280 a month. I didn’t have to buy ######. I didn’t need groceries. I ate at McDonald’s every day off her."

"It's funny how you ignore Ricky Clemon's lack of credibility, but are quick to harp on quin's."

This is a common response, and after thinking about it the flaw is that Ricky has nothing to gain by lying now....

If he is somehow able to go to another school it is dependent upon him to not just talk with the NCAA investigators, but also to be truthful. He has to tell the truth, and if he does not talk with them or he is caught in a lie, then he will not be able to finish any sort of D1 BBall program.

With that said at this time Quin has everything to lose if these accusations are true, therefore there is great incentive to lie. Now if his previous statements in his deposition, his repeated confession about making "mistakes", or his explanation of "If we had known it was wrong......" sounded sincere I would tend to discount Ricky in deference to Quin. But the facts are that Quin has been spending the last five years pushing the envelope and allowing his staff to do the same. And when given the chance to defend himself his offerings have been worder oddly, and fairly vague as if in an attempt to avoid true perjury.

seeing a nationally syndicated writer observe the same should be worrisome to MU.

Of Slick Rick New Weasel, another over the top HC who finally got what he deserved when Babs Hedges wacked him in the now famous betting on NCAA basketball games fiasco. Rick always had the similar excuse that Snyder comes up with...oh, I did not know that was a NCAA rule. Eventually, and who knows maybe it's this time, but his tightrope act with the rules is going to catch up with Snyder.