My starting lineup suggestions

while polk had an ok nite (i was especially thrilled he finally made a couple of 3's and got that monkey off his back), i thought he let the abernathy kid get the better of him too much considering the wide margin in obvious skills. also, i can distinctly remember polk missing open guys on the wing and he just continued to pound the ball into the floor.

dwayne is marvelous when the team is running, but he really is very average at best in the half court.

>Im sure brad has a reason for what he does but heres my

>starting lineup if i was coach

>

>C. IV

>F. JJ

>F. TL

>G. AD

>G. KL

I would substitute VN for Lisch. I would have Lisch as my top reserve with DP being the 7th guy off the bench. The reason being why go small when you don't have to go small. Beside that VN has shown the ability to knock down the open shot and should do better on the boards. Danny Brown would be relegated to the 8th spot in the rotation.

>>Im sure brad has a reason for what he does but heres my

>>starting lineup if i was coach

>>

>>C. IV

>>F. JJ

>>F. TL

>>G. AD

>>G. KL

>

>I would substitute VN for Lisch. I would have Lisch as my

>top reserve with DP being the 7th guy off the bench. The

>reason being why go small when you don't have to go small.

>Beside that VN has shown the ability to knock down the open

>shot and should do better on the boards. Danny Brown would

>be relegated to the 8th spot in the rotation.

That might be the worst starting lineup you could put out there. JJ and VN on the court at the same time! Horrors!!! Besides last game, when has VN proven he can "knock down the open shot"? Please refrain from ever thinking this again, for your own sanity if nothing else.

going 3 for 4 from the field and all were outside jumpers. 11 points and 7 rebounds vs. Oakland isn't bad either.

I believe that JJ and VN should platoon at the 4 spot. We've just got to hope that each night at least one of them has a nice game. The game vs. Miss shows what happens when neither have a good game.

If VN would shoot the ball more often maybe we could see his ability to knock down the open shot. In the Ole Miss game it looked good seeing him play tough and take it to the basket but the foul wasn't necessary. One thing that I had a problem with and it happened so much against Ole Miss is when he passes up an open shot and it turns into a turnover I guess it really shows he is not selfish at all. But for now I think the lineup is well JJ starting and VN off the bench.

The 4 spot is killing us no matter which one you start, JJ or VN. I wonder if putting Bryce on the other block might attract one of the other teams bigs and free up Ian to go up against a smaller defender. He's struggled a bit getting shots the last few times out, just a thought....would be worth experimenting with once or twice.

Taking up some extra space on the defensive glass could make it tougher to get shots and offensive rebounds for opponenets as well. Just a thought...

That might be the worst starting lineup you could put out

there. JJ and VN on the court at the same time! Horrors!!!

Besides last game, when has VN proven he can "knock down the

open shot"? Please refrain from ever thinking this again,

for your own sanity if nothing else.

Larry Bird ain't walking through that door anytime soon. If nothing else that Ole Miss game showed size does matter. In your infinite wisdom who would you put out there.

For me the starting lineup would depend on who we are playing. I think VN is coming around and I said preseason he would be a surprise this year to those who expected so little from him. He is averaging over 4pts and about 3rbs in 15 mpg. I would like to see his minutes increase at the 4. I think he could get to 7 and 5 with 20 -25 mpg.

My lineup would be

IV, VN, TL, AD, and DP.

JJ would spell VN as he has shown the ability to be good in short stretches, but hasn't produced well as a starter. Bryce for IV ... even against a smaller quicker team ... yes BH might get exploited a bit, but I think he can do the same on the other end. KL would be the 1st guard off the bench followed by DB ... and LM who imo could also spell the 4 against a smaller team.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman