Polk hits his 2nd 3 ptr. 14-12 Ole Miss 11 min left e

TheA_Bomb

SLU actually executed the play that they wanted at the end and got the ball to Polk who has hit 2 3ptrs already but he missed. The play is just disjointed no one is hot and they are making some mistakes. There has been some discussion on our lagging at the beginning of the 2nd half. Will SLU prove that true tonight or can they come out hot and close the gap and put this one in the bag?

Ole Miss is 16-27 at 59% and it isn't because they are hitting alot of 3s. They are working the ball into the paint and taking high % shots and converting. We aren't converting our shots. JJ has been horrendous tonight I'm not sure if he is taking shots he has no business shooting like he is apt to do or what. Brown can't hit a layup and Liddell isn't shooting well either.

Ole Miss shot well and executed on both offense and defense. SLU was only out rebounded by 1 we have rebounded well these past 3 games. They just seemed out of synch from what I could tell and too many passes not caught or off the back of a head and it did us in. They were hot and we couldn't string anything together.

This how I thought the year would go....play great one night and bad the next night. That is the way it goes with a young team. I just get my hopes up when they string a few good games together and believe that the trend will continue. At least we weren't as flat starting out this season as we have been previously. We have consistently gotten better as the season went on in the past so if we get better and with this as our starting point we should be pretty good at the end of the year and when it counts do well in the Conf. Tourney.

SLU losing to an SEC team on the road, after Ole Miss was upset on the road in their previous game, is not a bad loss. Yes, it was not Ole Miss' best team ever, but after they loss to Illinois-Chicago there was no way they took SLU lightly. My guess is that Ole Miss had a great practice on Monday and were ready to play tonight. Next year, we beat Ole Miss at the Savvis.