NC by 12 over the Bills nm

The Wiz

If we keep it within 12, I'll be amazed. We're all waiting for that game where the Bills surprise us and either upset somebody on the road or at least come really close. Seems like it has been awhile (did it happen at all last year?).

Reality is that the youthful mistakes will probably continue, and IV and the experience of AD, VN and JJ won't be enough to overcome that. On the bright side, TL is definitely starting to find his form, and will continue to grow into a huge asset. But most likely, this team isn't yet ready to pull the big surprise...that should come somewhere later in the schedule as experience kicks in.

I wouldn't call UWM a blowout loss. If SLU stays w/in 12 I will leave the dean dome chanting, "next year our house!" Probably get my a** kicked but hey anything for the Bills. No prediction here because I don't want to jinx anything. At the beginning of the year I didn't think this would be a W nor did I think they would blow us out. Still don't believe it will be a W, but do think they could blow us out now. Their frosh are good...very good....there returnees would have been 4 year starters at SLU. Hey, it's UNC, what do you expect?

Predicting our game at NC-- I saw the Duke-Indiana game, and Indiana was down 16-2 after 4 minutes. Indiana, a solid team though mostly young (except for the mighty Killingsworth, a senior), hung in there and outplayed Duke the majority of the game, but lost it in the final 4 minutes. That is 32 minutes of Indiana playing better than Duke.

I would not be surprised to see us do something like that in NC-- just as Jackson State sort of did a little of that here last night. I do not know how many minutes JSU outplayed us but my guess would be about 6 at the end of the first half and about 8-10 at the beginning of the second half.

Like Jackson, any success we might have tomorrow will probably have to do with our ability to hit some threes.

I do not wish to speculate on a point spread but think that we will have long sections of the game where we will show that we belong. I despise the idea of "moral victories" but we should all be in this for the long haul.

do we dare believe for a victory? do I dare to eat a peach!??

>If we play crap defense, allowing them open threes, and we

>have an off shooting night. I don't see it but it wouldn't

>shock me. I expect us to rise to the challenge and lose

>with dignity (at least this year)

I actually don't think this team is a particularly great three-point shooting team. They certainly weren't against Illinois or even Kentucky for that matter. I would imagine our defense would be up playing as hard as they can. Unfortunately, I'm worried PF Reyshawn Terry will dominate us on the glass and on the block. JJ will have to play more than 8 minutes because if we stick TL or DB on him, he'll have an easy go of it all night. I'm curious to see if Brad starts Newbourne or JJ or continues the 4-guard lineup.

It's college basketball. Anything can happen. Nobody thought the 8-12 Bills would knock off the then #2 Louisville Cardinals.

We're gonna win because DP is gonna find his stroke and go for 18 pts and 10 assists.