redshirt Obi?

Scoop

It's getting close to time to make a decision. I have not seen him play, but a few of you have. Is he ready or not? I have read that UB lets the player decide. Is this the right way to go about it in this situation? I beleive that VN and JJ can carry the 4 this year. From what I have read, Obi needs a little more seasoning. Should he sit and give JJ ample time to be a force? If Obi can help us this year, by all means, play. But if not, take a seat. This would make next years class pretty strong. Obi would come back next year with a clean bill of health stronger, faster, smarter, and ready to give JJ some big breathers.

there is no date that one has to decide. if he doesnt play, he is eligible to redshirt. i do not think they have to send anything to anyone at the ncaa or something. so they can hold him out of games as long as they want. at least that has always been my interpretation.

i dont think so (as to formal paperwork) until the season is over. at the point the season is over and he hasnt played, they can declare for that redshirt season.

Hard to say ... he didn't look that mobile at the Madness and didn't seem to want to get inside and mix it up ... but like someone else said, we have time to see how he comes along. He looks to have the size and the body ... but I would be surprised if any decision is made right away

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

skip hit on the big point imo. he did not seem interested in playing his position. did he get a rebound in the scrimmage? i dont remember him getting one. yet we saw him throw up a couple of threes and trail the field everytime on the fast break. i.e. i dont see him winning bradpoints out of the chute.

but there is no doubt this young man has a big time power forward body.