It's that time of year again...DUMP GUY PHILLIPS

kevinfootes

That's like being glad of a nagging injury or being glad your season tickets are in an area surrounded by mutants or being glad that death will happen to all of us eventually. Guy's wit is bush league. His "celebrity" is also bush league. GIVE THE JOB TO SOMEONE IN THE MASS COMM DEPT WHO CAN PUT TWO WORDS TOGETHER WITHOUT STUTTERING. GET PHILIP HUNT. GET SKIP. We don't need a big name. We need someone who isn't a goof.

scoop said about guy phillips,

"Be glad we have him."

you must be kidding. guy phillips is

1. an egotistical jerk that comes off exactly that way doing the games.

2. totally uneducated about the billikens and it shows

3. totally uneducated about basketball and it shows

as to being glad we have him, i would rather have just about anyone do the job over him. i would take a slu communications major. or a retired school teacher. sorry, there is nothing good about guy phillips at the billikens games. i can only assume he has his naked pictures in a safe place somewhere to have lasted as long as he has.

Since when does the PA person have to be a celebrity - my guess is most people never even know or care who is the PA person is at any sporting event. He really is not very good and is often giving wrong information out about what is going on in the game. Being a comedian is not a requirement for being a good PA announcer.

I'm thinking not, but I don't go to enough games to know.

I'm also thinking that Guy keeps his job for the same reason that the Baby Blues are no longer called the Baby Blues.

The Athletic Department might actually occasionally survey season ticket holders and other fans to get their input about the Billiken game experience...and the Cubs could win the World Series some day.

Just like the irony of hearing selected people dog the communication and marketing of the athletic dept. and the practice facilities of west pine along with duel site home games, radio affiliation, attendance, student support and some regional recruiting. However, Guy Phillips is not good enough to call the home games. Laughing.