Will the Billikens go after JR Giddens?

VTIME

You obviously know nothing about anything with that comment. To my understanding JR is a good student and he would become the Bills best player hands down. If Brad had any shot at all getting him, I am positive he would be doing cartwheels through west pine to get him. Get a clue!

Good post. I was actually wanted to see everyone's reaction when I brought this topic up. I'm surprised someone got off their high horse and considered it as an option. The kid was an McDonald's All-American, who made a small mistake that escalated. People are so quick to condemn people these days. He's still a kid trying to go to college play ball and get an education.

JR has made more than one mistake along the trail before may 19. He is a nice talent, but he got worse his sophomore season. hopefully, he will take the year that he sits out and learn to develop some ball-handling skills and some semblance of a mid-range game. he has very little, it not any of both. a 6'6" athlete with his kind of athletic ability should be more than just a catch and shoot player and a dunker, which he is because he is so limited. people were actually pumping him up to be a nba draft choice after his sophomore year. when lankford got hurt, he should have stepped up but he couldn't because he was too limited to create his own shot.

i think a year away from basketball would do wonders to help clear his head and hopefully develop his game to where he is the best he can be, right now he is far from that player. i'm not opposed to giving kids second chances as well, but in the past, i've worked in a field where i've dealt kids who have fallen off track, so it really isn't a big deal to me.

and remember, nick kern did sign with slu out of high school and nick had enough off the court stuff going on in his life during high school to fill up two chat boards.

personally, i think JR should have stayed a KU and redshirted to get himself together and come back and play the final two years.

bad boyz for life

True, Giddens got knifed, but he was the one that started the whole fight (him and his entire group on one kid who apparently the only thing he did wrong was not know who JR Giddens was.)

Never a Billiken. If SLU goes after JR Giddens, I will stop being a fan.

(This post coming from a KU fan and KC Area resident who knows the story)

kansas just lost almost their entire team. if giddens was the angel you two are making him out to be, then why would self show him the door? good students dont get into situations like that. sorry, he can go play at cincy or mi$$ouri or unlv where those players are welcome.

romar had nothing but trouble with tatum while at slu. one would think a program would try not to make similar mistakes.

Of all of the posters on this board tseugnekillib is probably one of the most knowledgeable about the program and, in my opinion, seems to have much more of an inside track on the program than just about anyone else.

>kansas just lost almost their entire team. if giddens was

>the angel you two are making him out to be, then why would

>self show him the door? good students dont get into

>situations like that. sorry, he can go play at cincy or

>mi$$ouri or unlv where those players are welcome.

BINGO! And besides, does SLU want to become a rehab home for wayward players? Foresno State midwest? No thank you.

Hearsay? ...think what you want. There were plenty of witnesses to the incident. KU hired two former FBI agents to investigate and then ended up cutting ties with JR. What do you think happened?

JR shouldn't have ever come to KU after his Wal-Mart "shopping" spree in Oklahoma City as a high school senior.

Besides, JR consistently hurt KU last year with his poor shooting and egotistical style of basketball. Brad wouldn't touch this kids game with a borrowed cattle prod.

Like I said, the thread was a joke, but none of us really do know what happened. How credible are those witnesses? There are two sides to every story. I hope everything works out for the kids. With his athletic ability and unlimited range on his jumper, he is a definite NBA prospect.

again, you just dont get it. saint louis rarely if ever brings in a recruit the likes of gidden. shoplifter, involved in a gang fight, gets knifed. even kansas didnt want him. slu just doesnt make a habit of bringing kids of that ilk to the team even if they are michael jordan. look how fast randy pulley was out of here. they could have just made him ineligible likely and let him try to get his grades back up. but sent him packing as well. you dont get it. slu is about more than basketball. if you cant see that or disagree with that, you should go find another renegade program more in sync with your vashon thinking. may i suggest moving west to columbia. they dont seem to care about character much.

per a few sources, i have been told that tatum and romar did not get along. supposedly, romar was about 10 seconds from sending him home from the miracle in memphis tourney for team insubordination. i still remember how odd i thought romar's very cool attitude was to justin being offered an opportunity to get that freshmen season back (if you remember, justin had to sit his freshmen season and if you are able to graduate with your class, you can get that missed season back). we asked at a billiken club meeting in the spring about that happening, and romar all but said he didnt want him back.

you are correct tatum never knifed anyone, or sold drugs, or even didnt do his job in the classroom. but he wasnt the best teamate apparently either due to apparently not getting along with romar.