the streets

word on the street is that adam knollmeyer is going to change his mind about his oral to mizzou. any truth to that. i wonder how much slu recruited him.

word on the street is that slu is going to offer bobby hill of vashon. word is also that his brother johnny will sit out at SEMO as a prop 48.

word on the street is that there are no st. louis area players at the nike camp this week. this has to be the first time in many years that this has happened. dustin maguire is headed to the ABCD camp. if nate latsch is reading, maybe he can verify.

illinois assistant coach jay wright contacted kevin lisch on more than one occasion after his commitment to SLU. after a loss to wisconsin in '04, bruce weber took a private plane to mascoutah through a snow starm, got picked up by a friend and was taken to the belleville east tournament in time for kevin's 8 p.m. game. they wanted kevin. people always question kevin's ability until they actually see him play and then he drops 37 on carbondale or 36 on bellevile wast or 27 on peoria manual and they walk away shaking their heads. hey, people questioned whether tyler hansbrough was good despite his laundry list of accomplishments against the top players in the nation. even pro-black (v-time), said that leon powell was better than hansbrough in the weeks leading up to the state title game. If that is not blind loyalty, then blind loyalty doesn't exist. v-time ascended to baghdad bob status on that one.

saw the article of mizzou hoops. quin wants jimmy to be the senior leader, but jimmy seems to be not willing to step up to the plate and become the man. it's a shame, he was all-world at vashon with all the accolades and state championships and his college career has been very lackluster (and I'm being kind). i hope he puts it all together as a senior. he seems to be a nice kid.

alex barnett is quite a talent and a smart kid, but he really struggled on the summer circuit. he was always tentative and shied away from contact. semo was his other big offer. i still wouldn't mind having a kid like him in the program.

bad boyz for life

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

>

> word on the street is that adam knollmeyer is going to

>change his mind about his oral to mizzou. any truth to that.

>i wonder how much slu recruited him.

>

> word on the street is that slu is going to offer bobby

>hill of vashon. word is also that his brother johnny will

>sit out at SEMO as a prop 48.

>

> word on the street is that there are no st. louis area

>players at the nike camp this week. this has to be the first

>time in many years that this has happened. dustin maguire is

>headed to the ABCD camp. if nate latsch is reading, maybe he

>can verify.

>

> illinois assistant coach jay wright contacted kevin lisch

>on more than one occasion after his commitment to SLU. after

>a loss to wisconsin in '04, bruce weber took a private plane

>to mascoutah through a snow starm, got picked up by a friend

>and was taken to the belleville east tournament in time for

>kevin's 8 p.m. game. they wanted kevin. people always

>question kevin's ability until they actually see him play

>and then he drops 37 on carbondale or 36 on bellevile wast

>or 27 on peoria manual and they walk away shaking their

>heads. hey, people questioned whether tyler hansbrough was

>good despite his laundry list of accomplishments against the

>top players in the nation. even pro-black (v-time), said

>that leon powell was better than hansbrough in the weeks

>leading up to the state title game. If that is not blind

>loyalty, then blind loyalty doesn't exist. v-time ascended

>to baghdad bob status on that one.

>

> saw the article of mizzou hoops. quin wants jimmy to be

>the senior leader, but jimmy seems to be not willing to step

>up to the plate and become the man. it's a shame, he was

>all-world at vashon with all the accolades and state

>championships and his college career has been very

>lackluster (and I'm being kind). i hope he puts it all

>together as a senior. he seems to be a nice kid.

>

> alex barnett is quite a talent and a smart kid, but he

>really struggled on the summer circuit. he was always

>tentative and shied away from contact. semo was his other

>big offer. i still wouldn't mind having a kid like him in

>the program.

>

>bad boyz for life

Two big things wrong with above statements. First of all, I never said Powell was better than Hansbrough, I said that even though Powell couldnt stop Hansborough, Hansbrough couldnt guard Powell either. Secondly, there is a Saint Louis player going to the Nike Camp. His name is Leon Powell. He performed very well at the Nike Jamboree and thats probably the reason why he is now a 4 star player. I'm not sure if Roundtree was invited, but he also excelled at the Jamboree and is now a 4 star player.

An impending offer to Bobby Hill really surprises me. If Brad offers and if he accepts, that would give us 7 guards in 2006. Brad has shown year after year that he only plays 5 guards.

I'm headed to the Hoosier Shootout in Indianapolis tomorrow to check out the likes of Rolandis Woodland, Rob Rudy and Zach Plackmeier. Hopefully I can get to a pc and post while I'm there.

I'll also be at the Hoosier Shootout tomorrow. Dont forget to check out the Team Missouri Central. They just added the 6'4 guard from Cardinal Ritter and did well this and he might be the best kept secret in the 2006 class. Gameface will also be there so you can see Bobby Hill, James Washington, and Sanijay Watts for sure. I'm not sure if the Gameface 16's are coming, but if they dont Irons might let Powell play with the 17's even though he's been reluctant to do it thus far. As far as the 7 guards thing, the forum said they didnt want Liddell playing pg right, so he would reside at sf instead of guard right. And Luke Meyer would be a combo forward who mostly plays sf, so Soderberg can still play his five guards. Meyer can steal a lot of minutes at the four. Sloan wasnt really a 4 either, just a 3 who couldnt find his jumper as a freshman and moved inside.

you're absolutely right. I thought both Gameface and Team Missouri Central were going to be there. I guess I was told wrong. Team Missouri Central will be there though, and I want to you take a good look at their 6'11 big man and 6'4 Ritter guard. The Ritter guard wont be hard to spot, he's one of the two black kids on their team. I dont know why I thought Gameface was going to be there. Leon is supposed to be somewhere this week though. Maybe it was the Mullens High Profile in Kansas City July 12-15. My bad.

the nike camp is this week. that is where he would be if he is not playing for gameface. many thought he would get the invite after his showing at the hoops jamboree, but it didn't happen. he might have gotten in as a late invite. irons was still hoping for a phone call for leon after the camp, but it didn't happen. i would think tyus would be there if there is any area kid there. i forgot about him because of his immiment transfer to attend school in ohio.

bad boyz for life

>>As far as the 7 guards thing, the forum said they didnt want Liddell playing pg right, so he would reside at sf instead of guard right. And Luke Meyer would be a combo forward who mostly plays sf, so Soderberg can still play his five guards. Meyer can steal a lot of minutes at the four. Sloan wasnt really a 4 either, just a 3 who couldnt find his jumper as a freshman and moved inside.<<

When we say Coach plays 5 guards, we are including the SF as a guard given that SLU has rarely had a real SF and most often puts 3 guards on the floor. Counting the SF as a guard, Brad still only plays 5 guards most nights.

>>the forum said they didn't want Liddell playing pg right<<

I think the argument was whether or not Liddell would start at PG. My remembrances of the discussion was that no consensus was reached. Some thought that, although he might not start the season as the starting PG, he'll get minutes there and may end up being the starting PG. IMHO, Dwayne better have a better year shooting the ball than 2004-2005 or his minutes shall be cut.

Here is how it looks for 2005-2006 at guard:

Polk

Liddell

Lisch

Brown

Drejaj

Meyer

Given Brad's tendancy to play 5, somebody in that list is going to be next year's Darren Clarke (pulling slinters out of his rear).

Here is how it looks at present for 2006-2007:

Polk

Liddell

Lisch

Brown

Meyer

Maguire

Remember, when we say guard we mean 1 through 3. We already have 6 guards (one more than Brad normally plays) meaning one guy is bound to sit as it stands. Now the report is that we offering Bobby Hill as well? 3Star is surprised as there is no PT available at guard so why take another guard?

>Meyer should see a lot of time at the four. Would create a

>ton of mismatches.

Could you please define "a lot of time"?

I have absolutely no problem with LM rotating occasionally into the "4" position throughout the course of a game. However, I'm a firm believer in the idea that offensive rebounding can always win a close game. The Billikens lost some extremely close games last season that could have had a different outcome with a few more tip-ins or second chance baskets.

Luke has not played a minute of the 4 at D-1. Just because we had a converted undersized PF a couple years ago who was at best adequate at the 4 why are we so quick to think Meyer can do it? His best shot is at the 3. I don't see him at the 4 at all.

For all the supposed matchups we could exploit, Meyer would get killed underneath having to defend someone with 40 or more pounds on him. Meyer at the 4 will never be part of the Bills "best lineup."

Who are the elite pf's he will run up against in the A10. None of them scare me. Soderberg is a defensive whiz and would find a strategy to minimize that. Luke Meyer would be able to exploit guys way more than they can exploit him at the other end. How many pf's will come out to the three point line to challenge his jumper. And if they do, he has the speed to blow past the bigger, slower pf's that would be guarding him.

>Here is how it looks for 2005-2006 at guard:

>

>Polk

>Liddell

>Lisch

>Brown

>Drejaj

>Meyer

>

>

>Here is how it looks at present for 2006-2007:

>

>Polk

>Liddell

>Lisch

>Brown

>Meyer

>Maguire

>

God...We are a young team. What are people's thoughts about Redshirting Meyer for a year. Then Maguire for a year. The reason I pick Meyer is that no way Dwayne, Tommie, or Kevin are getting Redshirted. Drejaj is a Senior. And Meyer v. Brown, right now after seeing what I saw last season, I go with Brown. He already has more experience than Meyer and I think Luke would make more out of the Redshirt year.

However, it should be noted Academics could play a factor. I think Luke Academically is entering his 5th Semester at SLU (Somewhere I remember someone saying he had a boat load of APs, correct me if I am wrong). Then if Meyer is a 5th year Senior, he will be at the start of his 5th year, already a year and a half beyond completing 4 years of College. He is a good student, so what are the rules with Grad School? :)

problack, you are showing you truly dont follow billiken basketball with the above statement. brad plays 5 players to cover the point and two wings and then typically rotates 3 guys at the two inside positions. an 8 man rotation is typical for the lion's share of tghe minutes and before you say it, no he will probably not play 4 guards.

Yes it would be 7 guards ... but that still leaves 6 spots for 2 bigs. Wouldn't it be nice to have so many talented guards that 1 or 2 want to leave because they are not getting enough playing time.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

coulterville illinois is also sponsored by nike. they only have 9 boys in the school i think and no one over 5'11". they didnt get any invites. you are clueless.

i love luke meyer, but he cant cut it as a pf. he isnt big enough. there might be "moments" it would work, but not "a lot of time". you are clueless.

sloan had limited success at the pf, however we need to keep in mind that chris sloan was a splendid athlete and also at least 6'7" with a long wingspan. luke meyer doesnt resemble chris physically. i love luke's heart and iq and outcourt skills, but i just dont see him having success inside. imo, the only guard we have that might have somekind of positive minutes inside would be danny brown simply because of his far superior athleticism and strength. however, that is robbing peter to pay paul as danny is much better suited as a guard where he can excel. as an inside player he would be marginal.

I have also said Luke can probably get a few minutes at the four depending on matchups ... but I mean a few minutes in the right situation and definately depending on the matchup. I haven't really looked at any A-10 rosters .. so the right opportunity may never present itself. As a normal lineup ... there is no way Luke plays the 4

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman