Arena$$$$

willie

I attended a SLU function over the weekend. An individual from the development office was there and he gave a pitch for contributing to the arena brick program. He stated that they had recently crossed the 20 million dollar threshold. I know some of had speculated on that number but that is the first time I had heard it officially announced.The matching grant is still in place. I am sticking by my prediction that ground will be broken in 2005.

How many points do you get for buying a brick??? As soon as it's made clear how buying a brick helps my seat selection, I'll get one. Until then, I'll have to wait.

i want the whole picture. points, psl's etc. the only things i had heard were from the two asst ad's that are no longer employed by slu. so pardon me if i hold my $'s as well. in fact, i plan to cut back on my billiken club donation this year in case some sort of psl plan is announced that i could have participated in had i not spent all my money on the extra billiken club donation. if they want the small timers money, they need to be open about the whole plan. i get the impression they are making it up as they go along.

the fundraising is going well.

the main focus is on the big dollar donations/gifts.

there is serious work going on in trying to land the big gift that puts the dollar amount to where a shovel can go in the ground.

people's questions/concerns to what psl's/points will be eventually answered. the brick program is great, but the main focus is a company/family/nice person giving $10-15 million to the project.

for the first time in SLU athletics, to raise over $20 million is a fantastic accomplishment.

fight on!